News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Switching from column shifter to Console Shift

Started by DodgeChargerNeeded, May 03, 2007, 10:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DodgeChargerNeeded

I have all the parts to do the swap. How hard of a job is it and how long should it take on a 69 Charger.
Jeff

Ghoste

If you are just talking about the shift mechanism and not the steering column, it shouldn't take long at all.  The column isn't hard either but it's still one more thing.  An afternoon to a full day depending on experience and snags.
Do you have whatever drawings you need from the fsm to put it all together?

DodgeChargerNeeded

The car is currently automatic on the column, I'm switching to a factory 69 Charger console and shifter. Changing steering column and all. I have all the correct shifter, brackets, linkage etc. I want to do it correctly.
Jeff

Ghoste

Well, it isn't overly difficult, but to do all of that stuff and have it nice, I'll up my original estimate and say it'll be a weekend project.

DodgeChargerNeeded

Any special snags I should look for while doing this project. Such as what is the hardest part and how do I get everything lined up and in the correct position.
Jeff

Ghoste

Off the top of my head, the biggest snags i can think of are all the unseen ones.  In other words, I can't think of any.  It's a fairly straightforward disassemble and reassemble with the new parts.  Do you have the brackets to mount the shifter and console to the trans tunnel?