News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sand blast,or airplane strip then DA ?

Started by skeets 66, April 26, 2007, 06:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeets 66

What would be my best way to get my car stripped and ready to work on .......

Sand blast panels,,,or use paint stripper then DA ??

CharlieCharger

If you don't mind spending a few more bucks..you could go the acid dip way of things..might as well get all that rust in the hard to reach places.
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

no318

I have heard BAD things about Soda.  I would not use sand either, but there are less abrasive blasting medias that work well.  (shells, silica sand, etc.).  They do make a mess to clean up.  Kevin

Silver R/T

what Bad things have you heard exactly? Soda blasting is one of the most harmful ways to strip a car.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

no318

Soda blasting IS a safe way to strip.  I agree.  It just requires extensive washing of a bare metal shell to remove every last bit of it or paint adhesion is a problem.   What I have seen didn't show up until it was too late.  Not immediately.  Just seems like a extra hassle and chance to have a problem.  Just my opinion.