News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well I found a Superbird.........

Started by runninhorn, May 05, 2007, 04:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

I'd own and drive that car in a heartbeat.  one question, it appears the nose doesn't allow for the doors to open , so.... are those the headlights in the second picture???  The ad says great for cruise night, so it got me wondering.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

looks like an ok car but it seems a little odd with a charger hood on it
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

PocketThunder

Quote from: 1hot68 on May 05, 2007, 04:52:52 PM
looks like an ok car but it seems a little odd with a charger hood on it

i didnt even notice that the first time i looked at it...

:scope:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,28452.0.html
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

FastbackJon

I found a superbird in my price range once, and bought it. Actually I bought two or three of them. Two yellow ones and one blue one.

I think I took one out of the package and left the other two in.

:D :D
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Brock Samson

:scratchchin:  is that the dirty mary crazy larry color?.. sure don't look sublime.

70charger_boy

That car is nice, but it's made its rounds on ebay.  I like the car though, but I'm always skeptical when you see the same car on ebay 3 or 4 times in as many months

Aero426

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 05, 2007, 07:27:07 PM
:scratchchin:  is that the dirty mary crazy larry color?.. sure don't look sublime.
It's painted Curious Yellow, and is a very nice looking car in person.  Well done.

runninhorn

Quote from: 70charger_boy on May 05, 2007, 07:44:38 PM
That car is nice, but it's made its rounds on ebay.  I like the car though, but I'm always skeptical when you see the same car on ebay 3 or 4 times in as many months

yep, like that Q5 Charger I posted earlier. Found out where it came from, it has changed owners 3 times in 5 months, that sounds shady to me.

70charger_boy

I think someone buys them, because they think mopar has to be alot of money, so they haggle the hell out of the seller so they can quickly sell for a profit...or...they spend alot of money on it thinking it's a great driver and quickly find out that its a 20 footer and runs like crap

Fitz73Chrgr

I'm not a fan of the nose being smoothed into the fender.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

runninhorn

me either, couldnt drive it at night. >:(

nitrometal

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 05, 2007, 04:48:30 PM
one question, it appears the nose doesn't allow for the doors to open , so.... are those the headlights in the second picture???
v/r
Mike

That's where my headlight are mounted.  It's street legal but it sure doesn't light the road much that low, even on high beam! :scope:
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

hotrod98

What was the price on that car last year? Seems like it was 65k. I saw the car in person at the nats back around 2000.
It's fully tubbed and looks more like a racecar than a street car. Very nice looking ride.
I hope my wife's superbird clone turns out that nice.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

runninhorn

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 06, 2007, 10:42:10 PM
What was the price on that car last year? Seems like it was 65k. I saw the car in person at the nats back around 2000.
It's fully tubbed and looks more like a racecar than a street car. Very nice looking ride.
I hope my wife's superbird clone turns out that nice.

only reason id like it is because it looks like an easy pro-touring conversion car.

70charger_boy

If I had the money, I would buy it in a second.  I like the welded on nose and headlight placement.  You cant go wrong with green One thing interesting about the car.  9.89 second 1/4 mile at the drag strip and he was able to drive car home with 4.56 gears  :scratchchin:

THE CHARGER PUNK

seeing the 70 charger hood i assume it didnt need an extension piece and it would be easier using one of those instead of using a converted 70 coronet hood?

Aero426

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on May 08, 2007, 08:29:31 PM
seeing the 70 charger hood i assume it didnt need an extension piece and it would be easier using one of those instead of using a converted 70 coronet hood?

The guy that built that car did an all steel Superbird clone in 1977 (not this car).    It also had the Charger hood.

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: FastbackJon on May 05, 2007, 05:37:16 PM
I found a superbird in my price range once, and bought it. Actually I bought two or three of them. Two yellow ones and one blue one.

I think I took one out of the package and left the other two in.

:D :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

runninhorn

nascarxx29

I still continue to find a few unknown to be on the books superbirds.Just nowbody wants to sell.Theres about 3 in my town .I monitor and sell parts to
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701