News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

electric fan

Started by hard-charger, April 30, 2007, 11:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hard-charger

hey eveyone!
I was in the market for a new fan & had a couple questions that someone might have answers for.

alright, I had a clutch fan on my car, but its looks all bent up & ugly, & defanatly heavy.
& so, since I'm also in the market for more horses. I was thinking about an electric fan.  but I have no idea which one, as a primary fan, will work best.
can anyone help me?? thaks!!!

Chryco Psycho

hard to say you will need probably minimum 3000 cfm depending how much HP you have & how much of the time you are stopped in traffic , generally a clutch & fan will pull a lot more air than any electric

hard-charger

thanks for the input!
well, if my stock clutch fan can take some RPM's. then ill get it as strieght as I can. 
do you know what rpm's they are rated?
I think I'm looking at a little over 500hp on my lumpy little 440.
I had this fan on the car when I took it to the track a couple years ago. & I was always wondering if it was gonna eat crap at 6700 RPM's have blades or boken fan parts flying everywhere. cause the wobble.
but if it can take it ill guess ill keep it. it used to look strieght. it came off my old 383 that came with A/C. I thinks its an 18in. it does keep things cool tho. even in 100° traffic it stayed cool.
hmm... ok just wanted some good sound advice. thanks again!