News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bumper fillers

Started by 400/6/PAC, April 16, 2007, 06:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

400/6/PAC

Can you guy's tell me the difference between the 73 standart front bumper fillers and the 73 se, IF ANY.
Thanks

Charger1973

No difference in any 73/74 bumper fillers.   They are all equally ugly.   ;)

400/6/PAC

I agree with that.
Now I just need to locate the ugly little S.O.B.S

Charger1973

Im actually in the process of removing them.  They look like crap if you ask me.  I still need to slot the holes on my front bumper brackets so I can slide it back just a bit further.  I just got my rear 71/72 brackets, they are shorter and will close up the gap after removing the fillers.  I just prefer it without them, it looks cleaner without them or the bumper guards.

400/6/PAC

I never thought about installing the bumper without the fillers.
Seems like the gap would make it look bad.

400/6/PAC

My bad
I miss understood what you typed.
Are you saying that you reposition the pumper to make up for the gap?
Got any pics of them.

Charger1973

I dont have the fronts done.  From what I have been told, you have to elongate the holes, so you can slide the bumper back further...  Although it doesnt look that bad right now.  My fenders need work though so its really hard to tell.  I did have to remove the rubber "pads" that bolt to the fender and sit inside the bumper.  It wouldnt slide back with those in there.  Heres where my front bumper sits at the moment.  I dont have the chrome trim in there yet either.. 

Charger1973

As for the rears.  I just finished test fitting today.  It looks real good though.  All you need is a set of rear bumper brackets from a 71 or a 72 Charger.  They are shorter and pull the bumper up snug.  They made them stick out further in 73 just for the filler so it only makes sense that you can add 71/72 brackets and it puts it exactly where it should be. 

Pic 1 - 73 bumper brackets and fillers
Pic 2 - 73 bumper brackets with fillers removed (gap)
Pic 3 and 4 - 71/72 bumper brackets with fillers removed (no gap)...  Also notice no more push bumpers.   :2thumbs:

400/6/PAC

Matt
That looks like it might turn out ok.
I managed to to restore the fillers i have so that only a guru ( spelling ) could tell they really look bad.
Maybe one day we will be able to buy them.
David

Charger1973

I love the look of them tucked in like this.  Really cleans up the lines.  I wouldnt switch back to the filler if it was free. 

Bob

Quote from: Charger1973 on April 19, 2007, 08:37:15 PM
I love the look of them tucked in like this.  Really cleans up the lines.  I wouldnt switch back to the filler if it was free. 
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

41husk

they are ugly.  I have removed mine and shortened up the brackets to do away with mine. so I will have a set to get rid of the arent in real good shape and have been painted flat black instead of that ugly ass grey.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up