News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Deathproof? Not Quite

Started by terrible one, April 02, 2007, 01:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on April 05, 2007, 07:45:32 PM
I know they're using the cheap ones Bull, but I still find it wrong.  Sorry, but this is one where I don't think we'll find common ground. 
I wonder if Hardcore Racing would have destroyed that RT last summer if they didn't think they'd be able to make money off the stunt?  25 years ago, I'd have paid to watch it myself but today it just makes me want to puke.

We do have common ground. I'm not saying I enjoy them being destroyed, I'm just saying I'd rather see the cancerous junkers on the big screen kicking butt one more time than in Billy Bob's cow pasture stuck to the ground.

If Hardcore Racing is along the lines of, or has something to do with the stupid Dukesfest (or whatever it's called) I have to agree that 45 seconds of a nose-down jump is not worth the sacrifice. However, to have the Charger romanticized on film where we can all enjoy it for years is different IMO. I'd still rather see them flying than sitting and rusting. It's better to burn out than fade away -- Def Leppard.

Brock Samson

that's actually Neal Young Sonny..

rt green

well, for good or bad, hollywood is trying to sell movies. some pay attention to what people like, and use that.  they want the best, and thats what they'll get[ sonner or later]  when the wallet comes out. one thing that gets me though. a nova? i guess camaros arent as popular. also suprised they didnt pick on gto's.
well at least we know what people like.........chargers
third string oil changer

Mike DC

Hollywood uses & destroyed A LOT  of almost ANYTHING  that they feature prominmently.  It's not just cars.  Hell, they pay $20 million dollars for an action star.  And then they still need another half-dozen stunt doubles, body doubles, dummies, and digital versions.

I think we car-guys have a habit of taking this stuff too personally.  We don't realize how much prop-destruction of every kind goes on during a movie shoot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Indiana Jones had a couple dozen identical leather jackets & bullwhips & hats.  Arnold Schwartzennegger used dozens of pairs of the expensive sunglasses he wore in the "Terminator" flicks.  They gathered up something like 40 different Volkswagen Beetles to do the recent "Herbie" movie in 2005.

I mean, I remember hearing that the new crew of the new "Star Wars" prequels went through something like over 300  lightsabers.  The actors were smashing them together so hard during the dueling footage that the metal tubes were getting bent & ruined on practically every "take." 

bull

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 05, 2007, 08:19:08 PM
that's actually Neal Young Sonny..

I don't even like Neal Young.

http://leoslyrics.com/listlyrics.php?hid=%2FScrPVwB%2Bgg%3D

ROCK OF AGES
Def Leppard
Pyromania

Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
All right
I got somethin' to say
Yeah, it's better to burn out
Yeah, than fade away
All right
Ow gonna start a fire
C'mon!

Rise up! Gather round
Rock this place to the ground
Burn it up, let's go for broke
Watch the night go up in smoke
Rock on! Rock on!
Drive me crazier, no serenede
No fire brigade, just Pyromania (c'mon)

What do you want? What do you want?
I want rock'n'roll, yes I do
Long live rock'n'roll
Oh let's go, let's strike a light
We're gonna blow like dynamite
I don't care if it takes all night
Gonna set this town alight

I wan't rock'n'roll, alright!
Long live rock'n'roll

Rock of ages, rock of ages
Still rollin', keep a-rollin'
Rock of ages, rock of ages
Still rollin', rock'n'rollin'
We got the power, got the glory
Just say you need it and if you need it
Say yeah!
Heh heh heh heh
Now listen to me

I'm burnin', burnin', I got the fever
I know for sure, there ain't no cure
So feel it, don't fight it, go with the flow
Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme one more for the road

I want rock'n'roll, You betcha
Long live rock'n'roll

Repeat chorus

We're gonna burn this damn place down
Down to the ground
Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh

TripleBlackGator

Give credit where credit is due:

Neil Young - Rust Never Sleeps- 1979
Def Leppard - Rock of Ages - 1983

I like them both but I always go with the originator
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

69bronzeT5

Im not a big Neil Young fan, I only like a few of his songs but...

Def Leppard= :METAL: :punkrocka:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Shakey on April 05, 2007, 07:14:20 PM
I guess it was OK when they smashed up cars in some of the most popular movies mentioned on this site like Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Bullit, Gone in 60 Seconds and Vanishing Point.   :shruggy:

I don't think it was or wasn't OK to smash cars in these original films.

Bullitt - 1968
Vanishing Point - 1970
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry - 1974
Gone in 60 Seconds - 1974

All are movies that were made when the cars used in them were new at the time or a few years old. They were not valuable or collectable like they are today ( 33+ years later) and no longer available in high numbers. Why is it that this fact needs to be explained to people in a classic automotive forum?
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!