News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another Holly ID

Started by HDCharger, March 26, 2007, 11:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDCharger

Brother in law has this thing, not sure if its worth rebuilding or not.
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

jg68

Looks like one off the standard 440s in the C bodies, you might be better off just getting a new one or a rebuilt one, they have that carb at summit as a rebuild, i think holley supplies there rebuilds, your local parts house like Auto Zone or O'Reilly can get them for around 150.00 to 180.00, they carry Tomco & Holley rebuilds, sometimes it just isn't worth trying to kit them without the proper vatting & replacing the throttle safts/ bushings, just use that as a core.

Chryco Psycho

it is a 4160 , 600 cfm 4 bbl , the front bowl has been leaking as evidenced by the putty , it could be saved But why ?.
what size engine is this going on ?

John_Kunkel

Looks like there is evidence of putty on both bowls. This is a common leak area and hard to properly fix because the gallery plugs are sealed by O rings and then crimped into the casting. Removing the crimp to replace the O ring leaves no way to retain the plug.

The front of the airhorn will have a stamped List number that will tell the original application. The main body might be of value to someone who needs a correct carb for restoration purposes.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

HDCharger

Thanks, IMO he needs to just bite the bullet and get him a new.
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck