News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I did search... but no solid answer....

Started by Khyron, April 01, 2007, 07:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

So I'll post a thread.

69 Dodge Charger, original 318 car, so She's got the original 318 K frame. I got a 440, it's a 71 440 to be exact. So here is the question.

What motor mounts do I need to buy. I still have the original.. well, not Original, new Motor mounts from the 360 I put in.

Do I need to change both the lower and upper? Just the Upper?

I mean, can I just walk into Advanced Auto or Napa and buy motor mounts for a 440?

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

mikepmcs

I'm still looking but here is something to get started.

I know I just saw this info somewhere.... on this site or the web.

http://www.mopar1.us/hp.html

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Rocky

You need different brackets.  Schumacher has them for $132 shipped.  I don't know of anyone else that makes them.  You could try Ebay.
I'm not sure what you mean about upper and lower, unless you mean the brackets and isolators.  Isolators are the same, brackets are different.

http://www.engine-swaps.com/

RD

i know autozone sells complete motor mounts with brackets (they did for my 73 RR), you may want to try them.  pretty reasonable too.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Rocky

Quote from: RD on April 01, 2007, 11:49:51 PM
i know autozone sells complete motor mounts with brackets (they did for my 73 RR), you may want to try them.  pretty reasonable too.

Don't 73  and up use spool type mounts though?  All the parts stores I looked at only had the rubber biscuts, and not the actual mounts.

Chryco Psycho

you just need the bracket that bolts to the block , Schumakers has them new , possibly Ebay used

Khyron

Thanks for all your help guys, as usual  :icon_smile_big:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.