News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

so excied!

Started by mikes_classics_68, March 26, 2007, 12:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikes_classics_68

Well today is my 19th birthday and allthough i did not get my charger as i had jokeingly asked for i did get one of our cars our 97 jeep grand cherokee, (hey atleast it's still kind of a mopar :P ) my parents gave it to me full well knowing i would be using it as a stepping stone to get to my charger, for the past 10 years i have lusted after this car ever sense my dads freind took me for a rocket ride in his 68 r/t....i was hooked.

so i just felt the need to share my excitment for this milestone towards my goal, if anyone want's to buy a 96 jeep grand cherokee in nor cal  let me know it has a brand new tranny a grand new rear end new tires and breaks, very well maintaned  make me an offer.  :)

bull

Cool! Now don't wreck it. :nono:

mikes_classics_68

lol i hope to not have it long enough to wreck it.

mikes_classics_68

oh and i  also had a new radiator putt in, about the only thing that hasn't been replaced is the engine,   anyone looking to trade one of their projects  for a good running family car :)   oops i guess this is kinda off topic and belongs in the for sale area, my bad guys :P

41husk

Happy Birthday, I would give you a Charger if you can find away to make me 19 again :yesnod:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

mikes_classics_68

lol thanks husk. and if you gave me a charger i would sure as hell find a way to make you 19 again  :yesnod:   where there is a will there is a way i always say. now my charger hunt continues!

41husk

Sorry Buddy, you gotta make me 19 first then I would happily give up the 68 or 73 Charger.  It aint that I don't trust you are anything :icon_smile_cool:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

mikes_classics_68

lol well i'll throw a couple 19-23 year olds at ya and you'll feel like your 19 anyways   :D     everything aside i don't suppose you are looking to sell your 68?   man i could have bought a running project 4 years ago for 4k  :brickwall:   everyday i smack myself rite after putting my cloths on and rite befor brushing my teeth.  anyways i suppose i'll keep searching.   anyone looking to sell a decent project?

41husk

everything is for sale, but it is not up for sale, meaning I would sell it to you but it would be a much better deal for me :icon_smile_big:  I bought mine from the cars for sale section on here.  I paid $4,000 for it and another roller.  I sold the roller for $2,500 to help with the restoration of the other.  It's no show pony but it is a nice rust free driver with matching #engine.  If someone came along and offered $25,000 I would say good bye.  I would estimate having a total of about $12-16k in it.  i am sure you can find a better bargain than that, just be patient.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

mikes_classics_68

yeah i'm not to worried i have my cherokee which will get me from point a to point b and i have about 1,500 in my savings so i hope to sell the cherokee and my gibson and hopefully find just a running driving car that needs some work, i dont really care about # matching i just wanna have one to drive and work on.

mine is out there somewhere i just haven't found her yet. hopefully soon i will just gotta keep looking,  i prolly spend close to 2 and a half hours a day searching classifieds  and news papers and random other online places looking for something,  eventually it will pay off,   and i too will have my beloved 68 :)  or even a 69 would be fine   that 68 just holds a special place in my heart after my 9 year old self felt what a big block feels like when you open it up on a stretch and your adrenaline starts pumping as you feel yourself glued to the back of your seat unable to do anything but hold on for dear life.   ahh  nothing like it, now if i can only get my buddies to quit trying to get me to buy a riced out honda like them,   sigh i feel like i was born in the wrong era.

Brock Samson

HDCharger

Good to see there are still 19 year olds out there that love these old cars.  Most of the kids (Nephews, Nieces, etc) had rather have a Eclipse, BMW or Rustang. 
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

mikes_classics_68

well it seems that more and more people in my age range are falling in love with them, a few of my friends are into muscle cars, even though most of them are chebby freaks,

atleast it's not a honda like the majority of people my age, although that doesn't stop me  from going into detail about what mopar has that chebby or ford doesn't but i finally realise i'm kinda  :horse: so i just give it up,  for me the charger just doesn't look like anything else, it looks so different in every way.   plus i love the smell, it smells like another era inside thoughs cars,  well i could rant for hours about this but i will stop before a mod finally bans me for unproductive posts :P   hopefully the next time i start a thread it will be referred to as something about OUR cars  instead of your cars :(   

Bullit_68

Happy Birthday and congrats on getting the Cherokee i always liked them.Good luck on finding a 68 there are still alot around even if you get a 318 car like i did it,s still a charger and you can put a 440 in it. ;D

mikes_classics_68

:iagree: my feelings exactly i would almost prefer to get a 318 and drop a big block in it, it would almost certainly be cheaper in the long run :)  and thanks it was a very happy birthday  although not the bext of weeks, i dunno if anyone heard about circuit city and best buy, between the two companies around 14K people were fired... i work at circuit city, and almost 68 percent of my department got fired, so i dodged the bullet there,   speaking of bullit.... did i mention i am looking for a black charger    :coolgleamA:   lol anyways the search continues   thank for all the kind words and if anyone decides to sell there project or runner for a decent price let me know :)   

Forza

Good luck on the search, I'm on it too  ;D. And happy belated birthday. Im glad Im not into retail anymore, market these days are too iffy, could easily get fired for no other reason then company $$. Thats why I'm in Corrections, job security :D

mikes_classics_68

lol thank you and yes that is a ever growing feild  my brother happens to be on the other side of that system singing the folsom prison blues   :rotz:   and he likes chevelles on top of it,

well maybe god will forgive him for atleast of his crimes lol    and i may have found someone to buy my jeep for 6k  :) fingeres crossed

wetfeetmi

I think you set a record for the longest run-on sentence in thread history! ;D