News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIll not go out of first... detent cable?

Started by Khyron, August 04, 2007, 12:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

O.k. .... took the charger down the street for the first time and well, lets say her maiden voyage wasn't the best. The car will not shift from first gear.

I just put on a new detent cable, If I didn't set it right will this cause the car not to shift at all?

please advise, also, please explain the detent cable adjustment to I can see if I got it right. It's the lokar one.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

John_Kunkel

To isolate the cable adjustment as the problem, temmporarily disconnect it and allow the transmission lever to come full forward. With the cable off it should upshift at very low speed.

The cable needs to be adjusted so that the top lever on the transmission is all the way forward with the carb at idle and near all the way back at WOT. The Lokar is sometimes impossible to adjust because of the variety of components used. It is often necessary to shorten/lengthen the attach point on the transmission lever in order to match the lever travel with the carb travel.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.