News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Source for front drums for '68's

Started by hemi68charger, March 10, 2007, 02:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang....
Starting to tear into my front 11x3 drum assemblies for my '68 Hemi....... The drums look a little thin...... Anywhere out there that's good and fair?.......

Thanks.
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

kab69440

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

8WHEELER

I feel your pain, I started looking for them about 4yrs ago, I was told NAPA I have several
friends at NAPA stores and no luck. I am running very good originals myself, even they
are hard to find, but I am going to disc on my red 68, I drive it the most, and the farthest,
and its a clone anyway  :shruggy: even though most can't tell  :icon_smile_cool:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

GTX

I think it's Raybestos part number 1938 but that's actually a '69-'70 B body part number so  :shruggy:

I was told that NAPA had them semi recently if you asked for the right part number.

I'm sitting on a pair of 11" rears that I don't need at the moment but can't help on the fronts. I might know a guy here who MIGHT be able to help but I have no idea of price. He's usually pretty fair with me though.
Let me know if you need me to check.

mikepmcs

I have the fronts sitting in a box off my 69 when I did the drum to disc thing.  Will they fit your car?  All the brakes were done before I got the car and the front drums have about no miles on them.  I'll look at them again today to check the size.  Is the measurement straight across the inside opening of the drum?? :confused:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hemi68charger

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 14, 2007, 09:33:56 AM
I have the fronts sitting in a box off my 69 when I did the drum to disc thing.  Will they fit your car?  All the brakes were done before I got the car and the front drums have about no miles on them.  I'll look at them again today to check the size.  Is the measurement straight across the inside opening of the drum?? :confused:

v/r
Mike

The front brakes on H.D. cars are 11"x3"........ A '69 should be able to work as well.  You would measure the diameter of the drum from one side to the next staright across and then measure the shoe area..

Thanks........
Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemi68charger

Quote from: GTX on March 14, 2007, 01:29:11 AM
I think it's Raybestos part number 1938 but that's actually a '69-'70 B body part number so  :shruggy:

I was told that NAPA had them semi recently if you asked for the right part number.

I'm sitting on a pair of 11" rears that I don't need at the moment but can't help on the fronts. I might know a guy here who MIGHT be able to help but I have no idea of price. He's usually pretty fair with me though.
Let me know if you need me to check.

Thanks........ I'm going to clean up everything and then measure the tolerances...... If they are within spec, I'm good, but if not, I'll be looking........
Troy

resq302

I have to check.  I know I have a left and right complete set of hub assemblies with drums, hardware, shoes, etc.  Just have to check on the size.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Silver R/T

Ill just sell you mine...getting discs anyways.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

mikepmcs

Stop! I won't sell you mine, I will give you mine for shipping.  Or i'll just send them to you and don't even give me back the shipping, I really don't care.  If it helps you out then my job is done.

PM me if I can help.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hemi68charger

Man !!!  Thanks guys !!!! I'll get back to you soon... I have to check to see if the drums can be saved... If not, then I'll take you up on your offer(s).....

Troy
Troy