News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another "what carb" post

Started by Harlow, April 18, 2007, 05:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

Alright, I still cannot get my car to run right after the rebuilt. I took it back apart to check everything and it all looks good. I used a kit that was not made my Holley. I'm starting to think that the kit to be to blame. I'm thinking I want to get a Holley renew kit, $77, from summit racing. I want the full renew kit because I never replaced any gaskets or anything on the throttle body and I think it just needs a full going through. Then I thought maybe I want to just buy a carb that someone has just pulled off a running engine (wouldn't be much more expensive). What do you guys think I should do? Right now I have a Holley model 4160, 750 cfm, vac. secondaries.

My combo:

383 .030 over
comp cams 292 .510
Eddy performer rpm intake
headers

I want to make this a dependable driver, but I also want some power between the fenders.

Is there a carb that would fit my combo better? Or should I just go with a holley renew kit?

- Scott

mikepmcs

Scott, you are positive the carb is your problem?
I've read your other posts and am just wondering.  Budget is an issue I assume still right?

Please refresh what the car is doing on this thread and the gods will come out.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Harlow

Yeah mike, budget is a factor for me. I'll resurrect my old post about tuning and see what else they say.

- Scott

Chryco Psycho

Have you checked or changed the power valve , with that big cam & auto trans you may not have enough vacuum to keep the power valve closed at idle , try swapping to a 2.5 or 3.5 pv & INSTALL NEW GASKETS WHILE YOU HAVE IT APART, I would not bother with the renew kit , you can get a few gaskets & individual parts without the cost of a complete kit
I assume the list # on the carb is 3310 - 2 or 3 

Harlow

Yeah its a 3310 -2. I put in a 35 power valve, but I did not put new gaskets in. The rebuild kit I used had a 75 power valve and it was opened at idle.   

bandit67

Harlow, if possible, I would borrow or get another carb that you KNOW is working right. I would then proceed to fine tune the new motor and see if it idles and runs as it should . With the timing and all other adjustments just perfect , you are better equipped to solve the carb problems.  I learned long ago to have a distributer and carb that works perfect for breaking in a new motor.  I set the carb up to take the motor to 1800-2000 rpm on start up.  The less number of systems you tinker with during a rebuild ensures a smoother fire up and tune.  Just my 2 cents worth...........J