News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hood scoop

Started by deathcharger71, March 12, 2007, 08:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathcharger71

are there any bolt on style hood scoops that fit on a 71' hood without having to shape it to the contour of the hood? i thought it would be cool having a big hole in my hood with a scoop sticking out, but it finally rained here in so cal and my engine is covered in leaves and dirt  :icon_smile_angry: looking for a scoop to cover up that big hole.

RallyeMike

I found that the fiberglass TA Challenger hood scoop fits the existing contour of a 71-74 Charger flat hood pretty well. The Challenger flat hoods are very close in shape.  They dont make a bolt on, but the epoxies they make now for body work are even more effective (and better looking).

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

deathcharger71

i dont think i have a flat hood, my hood has that raised line going down the center.

bordin34

That is the "flat hood" the bulge hood has a big lump in the center.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

deathcharger71

oooh haha gotcha, thaks for clearing that up for me.