News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Starter motor shield

Started by Paul 500, March 06, 2007, 12:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul 500

Does anyone reproduce the hard rubber bit thats stapled to the starter motor shield.
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

Chatt69chgr

I think I have seen the whole thing but don't recall seeing the hard rubber piece.  Since I am not building a numbers matching car, I went down to the local industrial rubber place and bought a big square of quarter inch thick rubber material and cut one out.  I made a aluminum piece that follows the curve all the way around---kind of a "U" shape about 3/4 inch wide----and drilled holes for about nine stainless bolts with nuts and washers.  I painted the aluminum piece black to match the rest.  Looks pretty good and will definitely serve the purpose.  Total cost was just a few dollars.  Just one way to do it.  Hopefully, someone will come thru with info on the item as it would be a lot easier if you had that piece.  Good luck.

Charger-Bodie

someone makes them but the material they make it from is way to thin you would better off as said prior to make some
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Shakey

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on March 06, 2007, 04:15:04 PM
I think I have seen the whole thing but don't recall seeing the hard rubber piece.  Since I am not building a numbers matching car, I went down to the local industrial rubber place and bought a big square of quarter inch thick rubber material and cut one out.  I made a aluminum piece that follows the curve all the way around---kind of a "U" shape about 3/4 inch wide----and drilled holes for about nine stainless bolts with nuts and washers.  I painted the aluminum piece black to match the rest.  Looks pretty good and will definitely serve the purpose.  Total cost was just a few dollars.  Just one way to do it.  Hopefully, someone will come thru with info on the item as it would be a lot easier if you had that piece.  Good luck.

Excellent!

I have yet to do so, but I planned on getting a piece of rubber from an old truck mud flap and cutting it out.

Post some pics if you can.

Paul 500

Thanks for that, i think i'll make my own and try to get it stapled back on
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

Chatt69chgr

I like the idea of using a truck mudflap.  I think it would probably be a better material to use than the rubber I used.  I will try to get a picture of mine and attempt to post it.