News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sunroof conversion on 3rd gen Charger

Started by hotrod98, March 03, 2007, 11:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

I have a 74 Charger parts car with the manual sunroof option and was wondering if anyone had ever tried to transplant a 73-74 style roof to a 71 Charger. I realize that the sides are different at the quarter glass area, but everything else looks the same.  This is the car that I'm using to build the g-series daytona and I would love to have the sunroof option.
If I decide to go forward with this idea, I'll post some pics here.
As far as I know, this will be the third g-series Charger Daytona ever built.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Nacho-RT74

ROOF ITSELF is the same all 71-74 B bodies. difference starts just above C pillar where body seam is.
If you unjoin correctly at the seam won't have any problem.

71 Chargers were 6 bows headliner but thats probably a frame difference, not really the skin.

71/72 chargers were powered sunroofs.

Your one won't be the 3rd 3rd gen daytona. There is couple 71 ones ( one black one white )REALLY NICE that I think you know they exist... there is also green 71 that simply doesn't look good, There is another red 72 one, SE with rallye doors kinda semi convert ( manual big sunroof ? LOL )

maybe tehre are some more around

Now... probably your one could it bet THE 3RD RIGHTLY DONE ;)  :thumbs:

I think Daytona version looks better on 3rd gen than 2nd gen... body lines are softly  and matche better to install the nose cone and wing

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

hotrod98

That green one wouldn't look too bad if he had gone ahead and installed the daytona nose.
I wonder how many more 3rd gen wingcars might be out there?
Thanks for the info.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

sunroofsuperbird

I used a 73 Charger sunroof in my 70 Superbird so I am sure you can do it easy in a 3rd gen.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

Wheels of Terror

;D  :yesnod:  :devil: Very cool!! I think the Third Gens look great with the wing and w/o the nose too.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger