News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PPG can't mix R4 red?

Started by timinator, March 07, 2007, 12:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timinator

I went down to the local PPG dealer to get some R4 red for my 69 Charger. I gave him the code off the paint chips of 71582. He says it doesn't show up in their computer. Now what? Anybody have the formula for that color or at least the exact same color in a modern car color to use? It's a total repaint including jambs so I'm not matching exisiting paint.

Charger-Bodie

what ppg line are you looking to spray it with ive gotten an offset formula for concept single stage from the ppg color library about 5 years ago last time i shot r4 was with sikkens autobase+ about a year ago
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

timinator

I'm planning on the Global bc/cc system. Unfortunately the girl at the counter didn't seem to want to help. Just said it wasn't pulling anything up on the computer. After speaking with another body guy, he mentioned he called directly to PPG and that code is a valid color. All they had to do was call the tech hotline at the color library. What a bunch of slackers! I guess a simple phone call is too much effort to sell hundreds of dollars in paint and clear!

hemi-hampton

It's obvious the problem is your dealing with Incompetant People there :icon_smile_dissapprove: :icon_smile_angry: I'm sure they can get the Formula if they really wanted to. PPG even have there formulas on line/website. As do other paint sources.  :pity: LEON.

694spdRT

When I had my R6 PPG BC/CC mixed up a couple years ago I am sure that R4 was in the book because they made sure to get the right "red" before mixing.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

73rallye440magnum

I'm sure they have it, if it comes down to it I could look it up for you at school. Are you looking for the toners or you the PPG#? Lady at the desk was probably searching for factory packs, who knows?
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

hemi-hampton

Problem is alot of the Computers people only enter the newer paint codes. Like from 1975 & up. or 1980 & up. Or Sporadic older ones but all the new ones. It just never got intered into that Particular Computer probably because to time consuming to enter them all. Just my Opinion. Good chance you drive down the road to next paint store & they would have it. LEON.