News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen rallye taillights

Started by dustyswinger, January 27, 2007, 01:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustyswinger

I found a set and a half of them.  The set is in rough shape, a cracked lense, the pigtales are cut and the sockets are in bad shape. It looks as though they haven't been apart since the 83 plate were good on the car. The 1/2 is a right side that is either N.O.S. or taken off when the car was new. the good one has a imperfection on the top in the corner. The guy is asking $600 for all three and he wont split them up. I think he is out of range on his price. I saw on the board somewhere awile ago someone bought a NOS set, did anyone remember how much he paid? Can you replace the sockets? I am thinking that if I try to take the housings and lenses apart the screws will probably strip or break. Any opinions on this deal would be appreciated. 

Irisharse

I bought a nice complete (bezels/lenses) set on ebay a few years ago for $175.  They are for sale often on ebay, but prices have gone up.  The nice thing is that you can use 71-4 housings with the rallye bezels and lenses.  My suggestion is try to find seperate auctions or if you would like to avoid ebay, post parts wanted ads and see what happens.  The lenses are repopped and can be purchased for $375...again, high in my opinion.

Charger1973

Quote from: Irisharse on February 16, 2007, 07:08:49 PM
I bought a nice complete (bezels/lenses) set on ebay a few years ago for $175.  They are for sale often on ebay, but prices have gone up.  The nice thing is that you can use 71-4 housings with the rallye bezels and lenses.  My suggestion is try to find seperate auctions or if you would like to avoid ebay, post parts wanted ads and see what happens.  The lenses are repopped and can be purchased for $375...again, high in my opinion.

???

The housings are completely different than 73/74 housings and im not 100% sure but I think they are also different from regular 71/72 housings too. 

cheap

:-\ I think that they are different too,,just double check first.....

Wheels of Terror

The housings on the 73/74 are different.  :yesnod:
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger