News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

selling my parts car?

Started by SirNik73, September 07, 2005, 06:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirNik73

my friend works at a shop and just called me and asked if i'd sell my parts car. he has a guy there who is restoring a 73 charger that has some horrable rust. and my parts car is rust free. i was thinking sell him the car after i've taken the parts i want off. i'm wondering what would be to high to ask for my parts car. i don't NEED the money.. its not like its for sale so i don't feel like i should have it at any sale price. but if the guy realy wants it that might be a paint job for my Charger. its a 73 SE it has no power train and no drivers side fender. it has black bucket seats and black interior. what would it be worth as is? and what would it be worth if i took the interior out? my friend was thinking i should ask $1500 (he said the guy would likely take if for that price) but that seems realy high... but i don't know what 3rd gens are goign for these days. its just a shell but according to my friend it is the parts this guy needs.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Daytona R/T SE

Sell it,then two days later you're working on your car and you discover there's something you need off the parts car...too late! Now you have to pay big bucks for the parts you could have had for free...been there,  done that, you always think you have everything off that you need, until the parts car is gone, and then you're screwed  :sick: KEEP IT!

cudaken

:iagree:

I am was working on my 69 Charger tonight hooking up the fresh 440. Pulled the engine in May and cannot believe what has came up missing. Stupid little stuff, will be robbing part's of my 68 Road Runner till I can find replacments part's or what I missed placed.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Daytona R/T SE

:iagree:   Yep - the days of running over to speedway and getting what you need off of a wrecked 69 are long gone  :'(

41husk

thats the same for selling used parts it always seems you sell a part to a fellow mopar guy and then either you need it for your car or a friend needs one.  What is a guy to do I don't have the room to just hord everything, yet :devil: :flame:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

SirNik73

yeah space is getting to be a problem for me. i'm storing my Chargers, as well as other cars at my dads ranch. hes kinda upset because he is getting close to doing construction and he wants me to move off as many cars that i can. but he hasn't asked for the charger to move... i think he wants the parts car gone because its ugly looking (missing a fender and looking very much like it belongs in a junk yard) but he hasn't asked for me to move it... i think its because hes a mopar guy... he may think that the wrecked toyota i got up there (he gave it to me) needs to go... but i think he respects that i have a charger... hes got a challenger. its very tempting to sell it because i have 500 saved up for a paint job and if it were to go for 1500 then i could get the body work done and a coat of paint. having the charger one color would be very nice.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD