News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buddy Seat AND Console

Started by jgbailey57, February 28, 2007, 04:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgbailey57

I have a 69 charger with auto/console.  I also have 4 kids.  would it be possible to cut my console behind the shifter plate and add a buddy seat?  my console is already missing part of the rear part so cutting a good console isn't a concern.  what do you guys think?
'69 Charger R/T patiently waiting in line to be restored... NOT WAITING ANYMORE!!!

mikepmcs

Sure, why the heck not.  It could be done.  Talk to Kenny(kab69440) he's the king of modification.

v.r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

RogerDodger

Sure it can be done. Just depends how creative you are.

kab69440

Yes, it could be done. The mounting brackets would need to be moved a few inches rearward, and keep in mind, the console top will be 3" or so higher than the top of the "seat" portion of your buddy seat. My advice for such a mod would be to cut the shifter plate immediately behind the shift indicator and slope, where the plate becomes flat and horizontal, and move the console butt up to attach there. You might be better off to install the buddy seat and get an aftermarket ratchet shifter with it's own standalone console. It will save you a ton of work.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

jgbailey57

Thanks for the info.  I guess the next step is to buy a buddy seat and go from there.
'69 Charger R/T patiently waiting in line to be restored... NOT WAITING ANYMORE!!!

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?