News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone remember the 70s ? and big cars and gasoline?

Started by 911bear, August 18, 2005, 02:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemi

Well then if gas keeps going up I guess it is time to break out the compact car.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

Ghoste

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

MGBRingo

My first brand new car was a 1970 Datsun 1200.   It was the same as the B210 but not as sporty and cheaper.      ;)   Brand new sticker price was $1,998.

I bought it because of the gas mileage.   Now I really don't care about gas mileage within reason.  

6670charger

I remember them vaguely.  Nothing has changed since then.  There is still just as much oil.  It's just the Arabs and the Oil Companies who are skalping us to get even richer than they already are.  I have seen some people starting to give up their SUV's for small cars again.  Quite frankly, it's probably what we need to get rid of some of those ridiculous trucks.  Get used to the prices.  They're here to stay.  The oil companies have been waiting for this for years.  Other countries pay at least as much as we are, or more, and have been for many years, now.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

samgreenfingers

Here in England we are paying roughly 1 Pound to the Litre, im not sure what the exchange rate is, but i assume its about 1.5 dollers to the pound, and about 4 liters to the gallon, but im not sure, and we have far too many people driving around in SUV's, Trucks and pickups when they dont even need them, just women going to the gym or taking the kids to school and its a god damn annoyance, why do women drive these big stupid beasts?

im also curious, im thinking of buying a '69 charger, although i assume it will have to be imported from the states because of the small ammount over here and the rarity to fine a decent condition one for sale. what is the rough average MPG that a '69 440 charger R/T will do? and do they rust easily like most old cars?

Safe,
Sam

ChargerSG

Quote from: 41husk on August 18, 2005, 07:16:19 AM
I think this gas crunch will result in (E H H) Electric, Hydrogen, and hybrid cars.  

Thants the reality here in Sweden, but the 70 my dad bught allot of great cars and sold here, since you could get great cars for nothing, soo in the 70 i allways went to school in style :icon_smile_big: But those Orange bathrooms and stuff i dont miss....
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166