News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone have a list of all the people making clone parts

Started by pandamarie, February 27, 2007, 12:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandamarie

Does anyone have a list of all the people that are making good quality Daytona clone parts? including front fenders and hood. I have always wanted to make a Daytona (favorite car of all time) after driving a Hemi Daytona some 25 years ago. I have a nice 69 charger rust free calif car non # matching that I use for a daily driver and would love o convert it. Or I have a 70 challenger R/T for trade thats all restored except the original 383 4bbl has been replaced with a 440 6 pack.

hotrod98

Let's narrow the list down since you mentioned "good quality".

Great steel parts,  www.wingcarfab.com

Very Good fiberglass parts,  www.wingedwarriorbodyparts.com

Great steel and fiberglass parts,  www.dayclona.com

No one makes repro steel fenders or hoods. Decent used ones can still be found occasionally.

Price to build one yourself including used fenders and hood ranges from around 8k to around 20k depending on the quality level.

There are several more suppliers out there making nice parts. If you go back a few pages here on the forum, you'll find a wealth of info regarding building daytona recreations. I highly suggest that you do your homework before buying any parts.
Have fun and keep us posted on your progress.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hotrod98

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 27, 2007, 01:09:51 PM
Let's narrow the list down since you mentioned "good quality".

Great steel and fiberglass parts, www.dayclona.com

A great plug like that should be worth a big discount on a set of headlamp doors....hint hint.  ::)

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img