News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Taxes... where does your state rate?

Started by RD, February 13, 2007, 06:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

*Additional federal levy is 18.4 cents nationwide

**Base state rate (local tax may be higher)

***Average, as percentage of income

#General excise tax instead of sales tax

Sources: Tax Foundation, Tax Policy Center, American Petroleum Institute, American Lung Association

Updated Feb. 8, 2007

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Vainglory, Esq.

How does it rate?  Crappy.

Then again, they're all way, way too high... :icon_smile_dead:

Shakey

Troy

Yep, I'm in #3. Thank goodness I don't smoke since I think they just tripled the cigarette tax.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

MichaelRW

A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Troy on February 13, 2007, 07:08:09 PM
Yep, I'm in #3. Thank goodness I don't smoke since I think they just tripled the cigarette tax.

Troy

Since when do you live in NJ?   Im proud to be in the #2 state ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

NHCharger

Quote from: Vainglory on February 13, 2007, 07:03:37 PM
How does it rate?  Crappy.

Then again, they're all way, way too high... :icon_smile_dead:

:iagree:

My state ranks pretty low. No sales or income tax. The problem is the towns and state tax the living $hit out of the homeowners with sky high property taxes to pay for everything.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

pettyfan43

I'm in Alabama so 49 or 50 depending on which column you are looking at.

dkn1997

yeah...I live in NY, and we are #2.....in more ways than one in this case.
RECHRGED

Troy

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 13, 2007, 08:42:53 PM
Quote from: Troy on February 13, 2007, 07:08:09 PM

Troy

Since when do you live in NJ?   Im proud to be in the #2 state ;)
It said "state" so I used the "state" (before Federal) rank. You couldn't give me enough money to live in NJ... :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TruckDriver

I'm in number 7 state, 12 on Federal.

BUT, they now wanna raise Cigarette taxes again to $2.00. I'm happy I stopped smoking years ago :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hemihead

I'm in Pennsylvania,we get shafted all across the board  :flame:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

BMOTOXSTAR

I live in Lake County,Ohio. I know that our property taxes went up this year. The property taxes on my land (30 acres) went up $1000 this year. My property tax where I live (1 acre) went up $600 this year!  :flame:
I smoke and drink and we get taxed on them both. The state also passed a no smoking in the public law. Now all my favorite beer gardens do not allow you to smoke there. I have been spending more quality time at home drinking ! Ha !
My wife snapped this picture of me spending more of my drinking time at home. Boy is she pissed that I do not spend time at the beer garden now !
BMOTOXSTAR#079
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger_Fan

It's been a while since I've been to Idaho & Nevada...I don't think those states have sales tax. Am I mistaken?

Anyway, I'd be surprised if Utah's gas tax is still at the same rate since 2/8/07...it seems they keep raising it damn near weekly. :-[ They ended up with a nice tax surplus from last year, yet they keep pushing for higher taxes.  :image_294343:

BMOTOXSTAR, Utah has been smoke free in public buildings since the 80's. Your beer gardens will probably just end up being called 'private clubs', where you can smoke indoors as much as you want.
BTW, now that we've been smoke free indoors so long...now they're trying to ban smoking in public parks! :o I don't even smoke & I find that absolutely absurd! :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Manfred318

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

greenpigs

One more reason for me to move out of Ohio.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

bull

Maybe I'll start looking into Alaska. Low taxes, cheap land... any jobs up there?

PocketThunder

Quote from: bull on February 14, 2007, 03:09:46 PM
Maybe I'll start looking into Alaska. Low taxes, cheap land... any jobs up there?

Sure in Prudhoe Bay!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."