News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

where to get 1968 charger door latches?

Started by charger2fast4u, January 13, 2009, 10:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger2fast4u

i need new door latches for my 1968 charger. i can't find them anywhere i called countless places and none of them carry them. does anyone know where i can get some? any help is appreciated.

ted

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

charger2fast4u

damn anyone know why they dont make them? they have them for anything else but the charger

Finn

Lol that seems to happen a lot with charger parts...
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Chatt69chgr

Chrysler has a habit of using the same part on a lot of different vehicles.  I wonder what other vehicles would have the latch you are looking for.  I bet one of the members would know the answer to this.

jerry

road runner uses charger ,charger uses road runner.  super bee, R/T daytona, GTX, belvedere, satellite,super bird,and i think the 4-dr cars used the same on rear doors.charger is just another road runner under the skin  and other then the post cars they share the same side glass.

charger2fast4u

Quote from: jerry on January 15, 2009, 08:53:45 AM
road runner uses charger ,charger uses road runner.  super bee, R/T daytona, GTX, belvedere, satellite,super bird,and i think the 4-dr cars used the same on rear doors.charger is just another road runner under the skin  and other then the post cars they share the same side glass.

so i could  buy and use road runner door latches? no problems bolting up or anything?

Hemidog

Quote from: charger2fast4u on January 15, 2009, 04:35:29 PM
Quote from: jerry on January 15, 2009, 08:53:45 AM

so i could  buy and use road runner door latches? no problems bolting up or anything?

seeing that charger and roadrunner are both b-body's, I would think that the latches interchange.

bill440rt

Pssst....
I have one. I think it's the right (passenger) side. Came out of a '69 door, but should work in your '68.
Anyone know if the relocation of the lock rod in '69/'70 makes any difference on the latch?
Well, I got one if you need one.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

charger2fast4u

hey bill440rt thanks for the offer but i need both sides. if i cant find them i'll get back to you. now to search for some road runner latches.