News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1957 Bel Air vs. The General Lee

Started by mauibarber, September 25, 2006, 12:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: AC/DC charger on December 28, 2006, 02:59:24 PM
KEEP THE DELOREAN THEY ARE BECOMING RARE AND THEY ARE REALLY UNIQUE !!!SELL THE CHEVY BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN ALL ORIGINAL AND GREAT CONDITION BEL AIR'S GO FOR 130,00 dollars!
Oh, brother. :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mauibarber

Yeah and the Delorean has been really reliable too.  One of the best cars I have ever had.  I put about 4000 miles on it in the last year and half an put about $800 into it.  Not bad for a 25 year old exotic that turns heads everywhere it goes.  A lot of people put the Delorean down, its to bad they will never know what a great little car it is.

I am hoping the Delorean doesn't go up to much more in value though.  I wont be able to drive it like I do otherwise.  If people find out how inexpensive the parts are, and how relatively easy they are to work on I'll be in trouble.  :rotz:
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 29, 2006, 04:10:29 PM
Quote from: AC/DC charger on December 28, 2006, 02:59:24 PM
KEEP THE DELOREAN THEY ARE BECOMING RARE AND THEY ARE REALLY UNIQUE !!!SELL THE CHEVY BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN ALL ORIGINAL AND GREAT CONDITION BEL AIR'S GO FOR 130,00 dollars!
Oh, brother. :rotz:

01MOPAR

Quote from: mauibarber on December 27, 2006, 12:25:56 PM
I thought I would post a couple pics of my General Lee.  I sold the 57 Chevy and found my GL on ebay.  It arrived yesterday.  I absolutly love it.  What do you think?  Did I make the right decision? :icon_smile_wink:

nice car,what company did you use to ship it ?

mauibarber

Dependable Auto shippers for the Ground shipping from Temecula to Long Beach. Then Horizon lines from LB to Maui.  Total shipping costs was about $1400.  Thats why I try to buy all my cars on the west coast.  It would be double that if it was on the east coast.
-Alex

JimShine

Nice GL!

I recently participated in a Car and Driver article on star cars and a guy brought a beautiful BTTF replicar. It amazed me how detailed that thing was with all the sound effects working and lights. On the drag strip it wasn't all that bad either. It didn't finish in last place. Infact I think it beat the Mad Max car on the 1/4 mile.

808mopar

your gl is sweet.  i bet you were stoked when it arrived.  great lookin ride

tricky lugnuts

??? I cannot believe that this is even a debate. Buy the damn Charger already! BEST car I've ever owned, one of the coolest American cars ever made -- and they absolutely blow the looks of any Chevrolet or Delorean away by far...I'd rather have an 80s Charger with a five speed and a 2.2 turbo than a Delorean any day -- let alone a first, second or third generation Charger. How funny would the Dukes of Hazzard have been with a bubble box 57 Chevy running around the dirt roads. Would Bo and Luke have been some sort of bad-@#! Cleaver boys? What would it be, the General MacArthur? I don't know. The 50's cars just don't do it for me. It's all a matter of preference, I suppose, and this is a Dodge Charger forum -- so I guess you've got to take it all with a grain of salt. :-X

mauibarber

Wait a minute... Your telling me you would rather have this....

Over this...

Your kidding me right?   :icon_bs:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)