News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger horns

Started by charger01, May 24, 2007, 10:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

did the 69 charger come with high low horns or were they just dual horns.  Mine dont work and a buddy of mine has multiple horns, and not sure what to send.

Charger1973

I dont know for sure but I would say hi and low.  They sound stupid without the other one too.  My 73 has hi and low.  If I remember right, it says right on the horn which it is. 

Charger-Bodie

they came with hi and low tone dual horns
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mike DC

A '69 Charger?

Put Dixie horns on it and call it a day.   :D

charger01

They are already there.  Trying to be legal as well. :icon_smile_big:

Mike DC

Cool.

if it was mine, I'd wire up both the factory-style horns AND the Dixie horns to use the stock horn button.  Use a small hidden toggle switch to go back & forth between the two choices of horn for the button.

When you get it inspected, leave it switched to the stock horn setting.  With both the low & high stock horns sounding, the car will sound totally stock and not raise any questions.  They might see the Dixie horns under the hood, but they probably won't care as long as they hear the stock horns whenever they try hitting the button.