News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have pics of original paint Chargers?

Started by Dan T, January 17, 2007, 01:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan T

Just thought it'd be cool to look at some of the factory details if anyone has, or has pics of an origianal paint car out there..
Cheers!!!
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Here's a few of my former '71 Charger R/T affectionately known here as "Whitey".  I have alot of reference pictures on how the factory did certain things, i.e., black treatment on hood and rockers to name a couple...

Troy

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

triple_green

My car had the original paint. I don't have pictures, but when I did the repaint, I kept the huge paint runs in the firewall and on the underside of the trunk, because I thought they were interesting. It appears wherever the paint didn't show, they just shut their eyes and "let er fly".

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Schuler

My '69 is still wearing the original paint. Unfortunately on the passenger side of the roof and the sail panels there is primer showing. But, it sure beats rust!.

-Zach Schuler
1969 Charger RT/SE 14.091 @ 98.25 (spinning)
1997 Cherokee Sport 4x4 16.057 @ 84
1956 D-100 Pickup
http://www.cardomain.com/id/schuler

Mean 318

I would think that a good painter that could fix that! NICE CAR!

JimsSE

Here's a few of my unmolested Charger:

Fading paint stripes, Swirl marks from the original sanding, huges runs in the trunck, and all...

Jim

Unrestored '73 Charger SE   

'79 Magnum GT
http://www.geocities.com/jimsmopars2003/

Shakey

Quote from: Dan T on January 17, 2007, 01:48:06 PM
Just thought it'd be cool to look at some of the factory details if anyone has, or has pics of an origianal paint car out there..
Cheers!!!

What about pics of your new ride Dan?

I was away for a few days, did I miss them?

There is talk of Friday night beers in Oakville in early February - I'll keep you posted.   :cheers:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Schuler on January 17, 2007, 06:43:12 PM
My '69 is still wearing the original paint. Unfortunately on the passenger side of the roof and the sail panels there is primer showing. But, it sure beats rust!.

Love that picture... Shows that the factory intended the bezel to be painted stripe color. Many many resto'd cars have the bezel body color.. Not to say they didn't get out ever now and them not painted stripe color.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Dan T

Quote from: Shakey on January 18, 2007, 09:16:51 AM
Quote from: Dan T on January 17, 2007, 01:48:06 PM
Cheers!!!

What about pics of your new ride Dan?

I was away for a few days, did I miss them?

There is talk of Friday night beers in Oakville in early February - I'll keep you posted.   :cheers:

Sorry for the delay guys.
It's been a hectic week.
Anyway here's a few pics of my car.
It was a one owner Colorado car untill '05.
Never restored. It came with broadcast sheet, original window sticker, loan papers. I even found travellers cheques from 1977 in the console!
Will need cosmetic resto. Still runs & Drives.
I'll post more when the weather clears & I take her out of the garage.
Here's a shot of her comin out of the trailer where I picked it up in Niagara Falls NY
Enjoy.
Shakey, Keep me posted. Sounds good!!

1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Dan T

Another pic.
Factory F6 car. Came with green vynil top, which was in rough shape & was removed last year. The roof has a coat of rust resistant paint on it right now.
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

chargerboy69

Here are two. . The first is a good friend of mines car, Mr Rose. His wife used to baby sit me, so I grew up with this car.  He purchased the car brand new in 1969. He traded in his 1967 440 GTX for it. The car has all its original paint, in fact the entire car is 90% original.

The second car is Keith Artemans 1966 Mauve Hemi Charger. The car is all original. Both of these cars can be seen at the Auburn Charger show on June 23rd. later this year.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

jasonfromIKILLYA

Mine has original paint, but it's not anything you want to look at anymore.  :D
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Brock Samson

Chargerboy69 is that first '69 t-3 bronze with the tan top i been looking for pictures of?..
and,.. do ya' have any more?..
:drool5:

hemi-hampton