News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seals on disc brakes

Started by Mopared, January 14, 2007, 03:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopared

Alright, this is driving me crazy.  I'm converting my front drums to discs.  after installing the larger inner bearing you have to install a seal.  Which way does this seal get tapped in?  in other words which way is up....er....in.....uhm....the right way?  I can't tell which way it goes from the black & white picture that came with the instructions.  Thanks for the help.

is_it_EVER_done?

John_Kunkel

"A" is correct, the seal lip faces the lubricant. Also, the extended ring on the seal acts as a dust shield.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Chryco Psycho

JK is correct pic one is the way it goes in

Mopared

Thanks for the help guys.  Now I can continue my install with peace of mind.

Silver R/T, the kit is from MP Brakes, Part No: DB1302MHP

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: John_Kunkel on January 14, 2007, 05:00:28 PM

"A" is correct, the seal lip faces the lubricant. Also, the extended ring on the seal acts as a dust shield.
:iagree:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

is_it_EVER_done?

Mopared: Wow I'm sorry for the incorrect answer. When the pics popped up I saw the top pic and the B in the bottom and mistook that for the pic I was looking at. I should have been more patient with the pic loading. I apologize.