News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What color for my 71 Conv

Started by Challenger_7, December 19, 2006, 08:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger_7

My ride is white with red interior, as modified by the previous owner. I want to restore the car, ground up, and change the color. I am definately doing the interior white, but need some opinions as to the body color. In a previous post, there was voting for colors and I need help to idntify them.
I am not familiar with Sublime Green, Go mango. Can anyone show me a picture of these colors.
I have already ordered all the parts I need and waiting to receive them before commencing my resto job.
Pls chip in with your opinions. Here is a pic of my car in its current state. ;)
71 Chally Conv 383 Magnum Manual - Hurst
71 Chally Auto 383 Magnum R/T 100% Orig
71 Chally Auto 400
70 Chally Auto 318
72 Charger SE Manual - Hurst
73 Plymouth Satellite "Sebring Plus" 100% Orig
Other non Dodge Muscle

41husk

some one had posted up a chip chart that showed it.  I am going with Y1 yellow on my 70 vert, and either greengo (same as go mango) or sublime.  still up in the air for the 73 Charger.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Just 6T9 CHGR

I'd leave the combo alone......very sharp looking car.

How many orange, sublime, plum crazy Challengers do we need anyway?

Crisp, clean white is a refreshing twist

My  :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

41husk

I would agree and with the red interior that has to be a low # combo.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Nacho-RT74

REEED INTEEERIORRRRRR... DROOOOOOOOOOLING
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Challenger_7

Well, thank you all for your answers. Now I am more confused ???
Ok lets narrow down the choices.
1. Red was not an option on 71 Challys.
2. White looks too passive, and no matter how much I polish the car, you just cannot see the shine unless you are at the right angle.
3. I have already ordered an all white interior, new black dash and console. So white interior it is going to be ;)
4. I do not (actually the mrs does not want) a black exterior.
5. The current red interior, whilst looking nice in the photo, is a terrible job done by the previous owner. Painted in most places and covered with leather in others, but he has left nothing unpainted even the vents !!! See the terrible job below  :flame: So it has to be changed anyway.

My initial intention was to go back to white/red but then decided to go a bit beyond the normal lines on this rare peice, and more beause of item 2 above.

So guys, help me out again. By the way, where can I see the chip chart that 41husk is referring to. Sorry, I amnew to this site.
71 Chally Auto 400
70 Chally Auto 318
Other non Dodge Muscle

41husk

Do a search for paint color chart, several people have posted them for me in the past.  If someone reads this they may retrieve it for you, I would but I aint very good with this here puter thing, Sorry.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

Go to search put in paint color charts.  Several threads will come up with those words.  I found a 69 plymouth chart, but I am sure there is a 71 chart as well.  Hope that helps.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

tan top

nice looking  challenger ,  i think i would leave it the original color combination ..  .. but   i know you said  you don't want black  i think it would look awesome black paint - red interior -  white top - white bumble stripe  or  white  side stripe , :-\ maybe even a red stripes :scratchchin:      another color combination i think  would look  good   is  - A4  silver  paint - black top  or white top - red interior -  red  or  white  stripes   :-\
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Brock Samson

there;s a ton of great colors avail and that chally would look good in pretty much all of them,..
i see what ya' mean about that interior.... yikes!  :flame: Who would do such'a thing?..

Anyhow.. Welcome to the site...
i suggest you look around there are plenty of topics about picking, choosing and changing colors. one very common question around here.
So what's your favorite color?...

again Welcome to the site !  :wave:

PS:
I'd go b-5 blue or B-7 for a darker blue and loose the bumper guards...

Charger1973

Go here to see the different colors available:  http://www.moparts.com/Tech/Archive/paint/1.html

Theres a really cool multi color cuda for the 70 color chart.   :icon_smile_cool:

hemi-hampton

I'd go with Black Exterior, Red Interior, Black Top & Red R/T Strip even though they did not make a 71 R/T Convertible it would still look good. Oh yeah, & Redline tires. Just my opinion. LEON. :icon_smile_wink: :yesnod: :-*

Charger-Bodie

what colors is it suposed to be?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Challenger_7

Thank you all for your input. Sorry I was out of contact for a while as our servers were having problems.
1hot68 Answer to your question, the car was definately white exterior, but no idea of the interior, as the front seats were replaced with red "Recaro" bucket seats, and the back ones were remodeled to like the "Recaros".
Some parts of the painted interior have black and some have white. But as there were no parts suppliers here, people tended to get whatever they could and then either color them or cover them.
hemi-hampton & tan topI know what you are suggesting is awesome and I almost went for it. See photo extracted from the internet. But as I side, the wife does not want black, and personally I find black very hard to keep. So I have committed myself to a white interior, and whilst waiting for the goods to arrive, am trying to make up my mind :icon_smile_shy:
Brock Samson As to my favorite, well at one time I was very sure I will go for Plum Crazy, then changed my mind and was concidering some metallic bright green (they say there is a new kind of "chrystal paint" so I will go to see samples). However, yesterday I saw the movie "2fast, 2furious" which has one of the foreign cars partially plum crazy. So now I am thinking again ??? And that is why I still need your valued opinions.
Charger 1973 Thanks for the mopar site. I will check it out.

Thank you all
71 Chally Auto 400
70 Chally Auto 318
Other non Dodge Muscle

deputycrawford

Here's a crazy one. How about Triple white? White top and all. That would stand out like a virgin in a whore house. That would definitely be a one of a kind. An absolute must think about combo.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

dads_69

I like the way it is also, throw on a red side stripe an some org. ralleys and that would set it off like never before. Myself being a bodyman/painter, I change my mind on what color my cars will be about every 2 or 3 months also before I actually stick with won color!
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Challenger_7

Thanks for your suggestions, and a happy new year to you all.

Mark I am glad you share my feeling, about changing your mind all the time  ;) So I will keep thinking....

Deputycrawford Well I must admit that combo did hit me at one time. But you see, the white body just does not show its full shine compared to darker colors and that is why I am considering the change !!
Do you really mean it that there is no tripple white? Or you never saw one??
I dont know if I can reproduce the effect on my computer to show all white to "see" what it looks like, but will certainly have a go at it :yesnod:
71 Chally Auto 400
70 Chally Auto 318
Other non Dodge Muscle

Brock Samson

can someone please post up a '71 dodge/plymouth color chart?

Challenger_7

Ok deputycrawford, as promised here is a computer generated "white" interior of my car. I am posting both photos to see the difference.
As you can see in the pictures, I had "Recaros" which I have recently swapped for the original seats.

I dont know about you deputy, but to me it looks like a bridal car :yesnod: What do you think??

You never replied to my question, are there no tripple whites on record or you have never seen one??

Regards
71 Chally Auto 400
70 Chally Auto 318
Other non Dodge Muscle

Brock Samson

i think those wheels are kinda rare now eh?.. Appliance?..
go to the photoshop thread and request a color change,
orange might be cool too...

Challenger_7

Yes you are right about the wheels. In Lebanon, they were quite common and you could see them on so many cars, that although they are nice, I was totally fed up of looking at them.
I have already changed them to a "Chrome" type as a temporary step till I decide on color etc. Nothing spectacular, but will do for now.

See attached pic.

Thanks for the lead on the color, will check it out.
Have a nice week end ;)

Cheers
71 Chally Auto 400
70 Chally Auto 318
Other non Dodge Muscle