News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Army Surplus

Started by Todd Wilson, December 30, 2006, 06:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

We have got a surplus store again in my town. I havent even looked at surplus stuff since I was a kid playing army.  I have recently started checking stuff out and buying some items. I must say most of the stuff is top notch stuff. I have Wet Weather and Improved Wet Weather gear now. The improved wet weather coats and pants really impress me with how they keep rain out and still breath without soaking you inside.  The M65 field Jacket is nice and with the liner makes for a good winter coat.  Found me a "bear coat" yesterday and that thing is super warm! Way to much for the mild weather we are having right now. PIcked up some desert combat boots for 8$ yesterday as well. These boots seem to be really nice and I like how they fit. Support of a boot yet they feel like a shoe. Certainly not a cold weather boot as they run a little cool.  I also picked up some winter glove/mittens with the wool liner. Some polypro long underwear.   When you use all this gear together matching various pieces with various winter conditions I think its an awesome setup. Most of the stuff is pretty cheap and if you really dig and look you can find brand new items or items that appear to be almost new.

One question I do have and hope some of our military folks here can answer.   What is the treatment stuff they use on the improved wet weather gear?   The tag talks of treating the garment but the   TM doesnt talk about treating anything. Just to hang dry and not expose to high heat.

Gloves

M65 field Jacket and liner

Improved wet weather coat

Bear Coat (Wear on its own or use as liner)

Saddam Ass Kickin Boots    (drying from todays rain)

Charger1973

I just got out of the Army in March 05 and I still wear alot of my stuff.  Most of it was just issued and had to be turned back in but I still have a bunch of stuff.  I have tons of boots I still wear and my gortex jacket is by far my favorite of all the stuff.

Silver R/T

Would be nice to get one of those military jeeps
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722