News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Muscle Car Factoids & Tidbits

Started by bee_fishy_6869, December 04, 2006, 03:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnumcharger

Quote from: aswert1223 on December 04, 2006, 11:51:57 PM
Not to derail a great thread idea, but...a factiod is defined as : A piece of unverified or inaccurate information that is presented in the press as factual, often as part of a publicity effort, and that is then accepted as true because of frequent repetition.

See http://www.answers.com/topic/factoid or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factoid

Therefore:

16 Factiods You Didn't Know About Mopar Muscle Cars:
1. Mopar Muscle Cars do not sleep, they wait.

2. A 1970 V Code Charger R/T sold it's soul to the devil for it's rugged good looks and unparalleled acceleration. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, it hole-shot the devil and left him sleeping at the tree in a head's up 1/8 mile grudge race and took it's soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.

3. It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a Hemi 'Cuda to laugh at him.

4. To prove it isn't that big a deal to beat cancer, a 1971 Charger R/T stayed out in the rain & snow for 20 years and acquired terminal trunk pan rust & frame rail corrosion, only to rid them from its body after 18 months on a rotisserie. Beat that, Lance Armstrong.

5. The chief export of a Mopar is pain.

6. Mopar always throws stones in glass houses.

7. If you can see a 383 Roadrunner,  it can see you. If you can't see it, you may be only seconds away from death.

8. Mopar Muscle Cars typically lose their virginity before their owner's Dad's do.

9. A hemi Dart factory racer won Jumanji without ever saying the word. It simply beat the living shit out of everything that was thrown at it and the game forfeited.

10. After much debate, President Truman decided to drop the atomic bomb on Hiroshima rather than the alternative of sending a 300D. His reasoning? It was more humane.

11. There are two kinds of cars in this world: cars that suck, and Mopar Muscle Cars.

12. Crop circles are 72 Challengers way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the f*$@ down.

13. There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Mopar allows to live.

14. Mopar Muscle Cars have two speeds: cruise and kill.

15. It takes a 1964 Sport Fury 20 minutes to watch 60 Minutes.

16. When a 1968 Charger is jacked up, it isn't being lifted, Earth is being pushed down.

Quite possibly the funniest, and best written piece of prose ever submitted to this website.
In my humble opinion. :icon_smile_big:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

PocketThunder

Quote from: Magnumcharger on December 05, 2006, 11:24:05 AM
Not to derail a great thread idea, but...a factiod is defined as : A piece of unverified or inaccurate information that is presented in the press as factual, often as part of a publicity effort, and that is then accepted as true because of frequent repetition.

See http://www.answers.com/topic/factoid or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factoid

Therefore:

16 Factiods You Didn't Know About Mopar Muscle Cars:
1. Mopar Muscle Cars do not sleep, they wait.

2. A 1970 V Code Charger R/T sold it's soul to the devil for it's rugged good looks and unparalleled acceleration. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, it hole-shot the devil and left him sleeping at the tree in a head's up 1/8 mile grudge race and took it's soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.

3. It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a Hemi 'Cuda to laugh at him.

4. To prove it isn't that big a deal to beat cancer, a 1971 Charger R/T stayed out in the rain & snow for 20 years and acquired terminal trunk pan rust & frame rail corrosion, only to rid them from its body after 18 months on a rotisserie. Beat that, Lance Armstrong.

5. The chief export of a Mopar is pain.

6. Mopar always throws stones in glass houses.

7. If you can see a 383 Roadrunner,  it can see you. If you can't see it, you may be only seconds away from death.

8. Mopar Muscle Cars typically lose their virginity before their owner's Dad's do.

9. A hemi Dart factory racer won Jumanji without ever saying the word. It simply beat the living shit out of everything that was thrown at it and the game forfeited.

10. After much debate, President Truman decided to drop the atomic bomb on Hiroshima rather than the alternative of sending a 300D. His reasoning? It was more humane.

11. There are two kinds of cars in this world: cars that suck, and Mopar Muscle Cars.

12. Crop circles are 72 Challengers way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the f*$@ down.

13. There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Mopar allows to live.

14. Mopar Muscle Cars have two speeds: cruise and kill.

15. It takes a 1964 Sport Fury 20 minutes to watch 60 Minutes.

16. When a 1968 Charger is jacked up, it isn't being lifted, Earth is being pushed down.

Quite possibly the funniest, and best written piece of prose ever submitted to this website.
In my humble opinion. :icon_smile_big:

Funny how this resembles several quotes about Chuck Norris..... i'm not complaining, just making an observation.... :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

RD

never knew Chuck Norris was a mopar muscle car fact or tidbit  :rotz:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

defiance

Quote from: RD on December 05, 2006, 01:28:17 PM
never knew Chuck Norris was a mopar muscle car fact or tidbit  :rotz:

But if you had, you STILL couldn't have dodged that roundhouse :D

DC_1

someone has a lot of time on their hands......

69_500

I'm going to say that there were only  392 Charger 500's built in 1969. Can't prove it, just can't prove that there was ever any more.

There was at least 77 HEMI 500's built in 1969 as well.
And there is 235 total 500's that are accounted for.

:)

Of which only 2 were Q5. I love that color.

aswert1223

:devil: Gotta plead guilty to plagerizing a Chuck Norris thread from who-knows-where. :devil:

I guess Chuck is on his way from Hollywood to break my neck. 

Good thing for my I have the Charger in the garage to equalize the situation. :punkrocka:

Jack

FastbackJon

So the word "factoid" has in fact become itself a factoid... 

:haha:
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Ghoste

And on that note, I'll add that silver is the fastest of all colors.  It's true, the pigmentation required is less which results in a lighter weight piant coat to carry and it's molecular structure is such that air can flow more smoothly over it.  ;D

69_500

Hmmm, so if one were to travel at the speed of light for one year in the opposite direction from the sun for 1 year, then imediately stop, and return at the speed of light to the earth, how many years would have transversed on earth?

2fast4u

Quote from: Schuler on December 04, 2006, 10:16:15 PM
Green was the most popular color. :rotz:

(I can't back that up, its just a guess)

Too true....green was used a lot.  As a matter of fact my cousin and I call it the d.i.g. option...Dealer Inventory Green!!
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

konigcharger

Quote from: RD on December 04, 2006, 11:08:41 AM
1971 Chargers had headlight wipers as an option (ask Nacho for the option code)

J24

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

bee_fishy_6869

The '68 Barracuda Super Stock and the Super Stock Hemi Dart (426 dual quad hemis) are the #2 and #3 fastest 1/4 mile PRODUCTION cars."yes, they were actually available for purchase by absolutely anyone from any Plymouth dealer North America."
Only behind the 2million dollar 2006 Bugatti Veyron (8.0L W-16, 1001hp).

1. 06 Bugatti Veyron - 10.4sec @ 139.9MPH
2. 68 S/S Barracuda - 10.5sec @ 130MPH
3. 68 S/S Hemi Dart - 10.5sec @129

http://www.autofacts.ca/classics/fast.htm

41husk

and that car came from the factory with no frills could not get power steering AC, also came with fiberglass hood and was lighter than the small block models.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hemigeno

In 1969, you could not order a 426 Hemi R/T with the SE package.

According to the vehicle order forms (and the Bronze Press Release Charger) you COULD order a 1969 Base Charger (non-R/T) with the 426 Hemi - although I do not know if any exist besides the Press Release car and its whereabouts are unknown.

41husk

I thought he was talking abou the Barracuda SS package in 68,  The book I have said it came with no heater or any other frills only weighed about 3000 lbs.  was basicly  a drag car from the factory.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

WheresMyCharger

If you find a Charger anywhere in a field,barn,grammas garage, with a VIN starting XX, buy it and then ask questions :yesnod:
Have you seen my old '69 Charger??
       *XP29H9B324356*