News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Daytona

Started by Paul 500, March 10, 2006, 04:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargervert

The only story I ever heard about parts being sold out the back door at Creative Industries,involved a trailer load of fiberglass Six Pack hoods,for the A12 cars,that were defective,and were tossed in the dumpster! A guy who worked at Creative said that every B body in a 500 mile radious had a lift off hood on it! As far as the wingcars go,he said that they couldn't get the parts fast enough,and they had cars waiting for the parts. I believe that if any parts went out the back door,then it was probably just what was left when the run was completed.

Ghoste

We had a similar thing here with shaker bubbles.  For whatever reason, a local Fram plant had shaker bubbles and all the defective ones had a hole knocked in them and then they were tossed in a pile out back.  For a while, every kid with a car had swiped one of these things and bondoed the hole over and then bondoed the scoop to the hood of his car.

Aero426

Quote from: chargervert on March 16, 2006, 03:28:52 AM
The only story I ever heard about parts being sold out the back door at Creative Industries,involved a trailer load of fiberglass Six Pack hoods,for the A12 cars,that were defective,and were tossed in the dumpster! A guy who worked at Creative said that every B body in a 500 mile radious had a lift off hood on it! As far as the wingcars go,he said that they couldn't get the parts fast enough,and they had cars waiting for the parts. I believe that if any parts went out the back door,then it was probably just what was left when the run was completed.

These noses were sold out the back door of Creative in '78.   $227 a nose as I recall.

nascarxx29

Seen that picture of DanW hauling away the good stuff along time ago.Thanks for posting it
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

THE CHARGER PUNK

whats with the nascar doors? (see how the the alluminum is pop riveted over the door handles)-MATT

wingcar builder

those doors are off the Bobby Unser Superbird built by Ray Nichels. there was a very, very interesting story behind that car it's a shame it obviously met it's demise.