News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Motor Mounts

Started by 69chargerdad, September 23, 2005, 04:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerdad

We are looking to buy new motor mounts for my 440 and have heard of the problems of stock mounts. However we did find Magmount hd motor mounts, that use a bolt through design. Has anyone here used these? do they cause the car to ride rough(vibration wise) because im looking for something durable, but not solid. We will also have an engine torque strap. Thank you

Marcus

cudaken

Marcus, best idae Ron (firefighter) ever gave me is what I have done. Had my cheap $10.00 drilled then installed 2 grade 8 bolts installed. Think it cost me a toatl of $20.00 not counting the mounts.

I will added a strap, and then some with 789 Foot pounds, but the trick Ron gave will be fine for break in. Then on goes the Super Charger. ;D

Cuda Ken
I am back

firefighter3931

The mod Ken describes has been used many times and works very well. There is a company called "mity mounts" that does basicly the same thing as the double bolt mod descibed above. The idea is to just snug up the bolts enough to keep the buscuit from seperating while not compressing the rubber too hard so that vibration is transmitted through the chassis.....it works !

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs