News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Misc. mopar photos.

Started by dads_69, November 01, 2007, 02:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

Just adding some photos to a new post vs. high jacking another persons thread. Feel free to add your own as well. I'm still digging out old photos and some from when I drag raced during summer of '84 to '86. The Super Bird is not mine. It's located in Washington as well is the Cuda fast back. The first photo of the Cuda painted white and green is now Silver like you see in next photo. I'm sure someone here will know of the cars I'm posting from past shows I was at down there.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

dads_69

dads_69

dads_69

The DOH car was not mine, at that time I liked it and took a photo of it. The SuperBird is not mine either, the cars belong to someone down in Washington though. I took them at a car show in Bell. WA. College parking lot summer of 1992. The Cuda painted white and green is now the Silver car. I'm sure someone on line here knows of the cars down there. Also Boss Hogg and I at a car show up here Winter of '85 at World of Wheels show. The '72 RoadRunner belongs to a friend in WA.
Mark

dads_69

TruckDriver

The Charger in the first pic looks like it was hit by a train :eek2:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

terrible one

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on November 01, 2007, 05:51:35 AM
The Charger in the first pic looks like it was hit by a train :eek2:

My thoughts exactly! Is that the yellow '70 Charger shown in later pics? What the hell happened?!

dads_69

The yellow '70 R/T went under a semi trailer at 90 + mph. Everyone lived, just spent a day in the hospital, my buddy was drunk when he wrecked MY car! Friend don't friends drive they're mopars, while drunk, which was unannounced to me at that time.
Mark

69charger2002

so the first wrecked photo is the same car that is pictured a few down in the list? that yellow 70? that is unbelievable.. was it a 440 4 barrel or 6 pack car?
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

alfanta

I took the liberty to clean up your photos some. I hope you dont mind.  :icon_smile_big:

Before:
After:

Before:
After:

Before:
After:

Before:
After:

dads_69

The '70 R/T was a 440 mag 4 bbl. car. I bought it in Seattle for $1900.00 back in 1984. The previous owner had it painted yellow org. color was T5 or T7 I don't remember exactly. He owns or owned Walt's Radiator Shop. He was going through a divorce and he didn't want her to get the car and he painted it quickly but I didn't care, I had plans to paint it back to stock until you see what happend. At the accident scene, nobody ever found the right front fender. Believe me, when I found out what had happend the day after and had saw my car two days later, I was sickend. My dad always told me though, never fall in love w/a car and what has happend was meant to be. I try to live my those words also. I have more photos also, just going through my albums still. Thanks for the photo clean up, good job!  :2thumbs:
Mark

69bronzeT5

Quote from: dads_69 on November 01, 2007, 03:26:18 PM
At the accident scene, nobody ever found the right front fender. Believe me, when I found out what had happend the day after and had saw my car two days later, I was sickend.

HAHA, really...they never found the fender???? And yea, I'd be sickened too. Just looking at that picture makes me sick :eek2:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 01, 2007, 10:40:25 PM

HAHA, really...they never found the fender???? And yea, I'd be sickened too. Just looking at that picture makes me sick :eek2:

:iagree: That is real nightmare  :eek2:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

Charger_Fan

Damn, that's the worst '70 wreck I've seen to date. :cryin:
Thanks for lightening up those pics, Alfanta. :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

alfanta

Alaskan_TA

That Superbird is still in WA, Hemi 4-speed. The owner let me drive it on I-5 a few years ago, we were on the way to Spring Fling in CA.  :2thumbs:

Barry

dads_69

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on November 02, 2007, 10:09:09 PM
That Superbird is still in WA, Hemi 4-speed. The owner let me drive it on I-5 a few years ago, we were on the way to Spring Fling in CA.  :2thumbs:

Barry
Barry, since you rode in it, did the owner tell you about the cars past? I have photos of it when it was in resto progress. White body parts, and some others, didn't match at all, but he drove it. I think its a clone, but I can't remember 100%. I do remember the hole car should have been painted all at once, cause the doors don't match the quarter panels. But still a cool set up.
Mark

Alaskan_TA

Yep, the car has a neat story. If I remember right it was found in a lumber yard years ago. There was a magazine article on it as well, but I do not remember what magazine or year. It was a while ago.....

The owner has a website, this page shows the car;

http://www.superbirdbob.com/acme_rides.htm

TK73

Quote from: dads_69 on November 03, 2007, 11:20:01 AM
I think its a clone, but I can't remember 100%.
Mark

It's a real 4-spd 'Bird... It should be out of paint by now, Bob put it in for body work/paint a few months ago.

Wherez 8WHEELER when you need him?  He's been around for most of the history on that car...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!