News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fueltank problem

Started by ChargerSG, November 10, 2006, 09:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerSG

My problem is that my tank in my 69 is solid but there is allot of crap lose inte tank(and keep on coming thou i have cleaned it), since i live in Sweden just buying a tank dont exist(sick custom och taxes), but i have heard of this cemicalstuff you can put in the tank and will make like a new surface making the tank useable again does anyone know thats it called?

And no Fuelfilter dont work, just gets stuffed and i dont want stuff in my engine
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

firefighter3931

Quote from: ChargerSG on November 10, 2006, 09:45:21 PM
My problem is that my tank in my 69 is solid but there is allot of crap lose inte tank(and keep on coming thou i have cleaned it), since i live in Sweden just buying a tank dont exist(sick custom och taxes), but i have heard of this cemicalstuff you can put in the tank and will make like a new surface making the tank useable again does anyone know thats it called?

And no Fuelfilter dont work, just gets stuffed and i dont want stuff in my engine

Why not drop the gas tank and take it to a Radiator shop and have it boiled out ? I've heard of those tank coatings but those can cause problems. A friend tried doing it and the coating peeled off and plugged up the fuel line. Personally, i would just have it cleaned out and reinstall it.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

ChargerSG

Radiatorshop sounds like a good idea, thanks.
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs