News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Down Under backwards

Started by TK73, October 29, 2006, 10:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK73

Man Tries to Drive 310 Miles in Reverse

Friday, October 6, 2006
(10-06) 18:25 PDT SYDNEY, Australia (AP) --

A 22-year-old man attempted to drive 310 miles in reverse on a remote Outback highway after his transmission failed, blocking his forward gears, police said Friday. The man was stopped by Western Australia state police on Thursday afternoon after they spotted his car roaring in reverse down the highway at about 40 mph, according to a statement.

He was en route to the state capital, Perth, when his transmission failed outside a restaurant in the Outback town of Kalgoorlie, about 300 miles away, according to media reports.

Rather than call a mechanic, the man opted to continue driving, in reverse.

Police said they stopped the man, whose identity was not immediately released, outside the nearby town of Coolgardie, about 12 miles from where his backward journey began.

A breath test for alcohol proved negative, but the man was charged with reckless driving and other traffic offenses, police said. He was ordered to appear before the Coolgardie Magistrates Court on Monday.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/10/06/international/i104834D64.DTL&type=bondage

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

bull

Dang! He only had 300 miles to go.

How far did that geezer drive the lawnmower to see his sick brother?

Steve P.

I did the reverse thing for about 3 miles once. That damned old Ferd crapped out on me as I was just getting on the buzzway. I was home on leave and just getting started on my journey back to my home base.

That was the fastest I ever bought another car in my life.   I stopped about half way home and picked up an AUTO TRADER/SWAP SHEET. I had another car and registered it in under 2 hours..   Of course the fuel filter plugged up while on route back.  Quick fix though. I tossed it and drove to Rhode Island without it.

8 hours from Rochester, New York to Newport, Rhode Island and that was with finding and fixing the fuel problem. Haha...    Those were the days...............
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida