News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Atlanta GA members - where to get 18-spline tranny rebuilt locally?

Started by A34, October 29, 2006, 06:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A34

Any recommendations on a reputable shop in the Atlanta, GA area that can rebuild an 18-spline transmission?

Thanks !
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

Charger1970

I need the same info. My trans is whining more than (insert your favorite country music singer's name here).

Sublime69... Jonathan&Shelly ... Twilt ....???

I don't think it's super-difficult to do yourself if you have a place to do it. Maybe look at

http://www.brewersperformance.com/

or

http://www.passonperformance.com/
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

Troy

Brewer's is here in Ohio and Passon is in Pennsylvania but both are excellent and specialize in 833s. In my opinion, it would be worth the shipping cost to send it to the experts. FYI: rebuilds from either place are around $250 + parts.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

twilt

Since I was mentioned by name (Twilt) i figured i should respond, even if I didnt have any real info to share. All of my cars are auto`s, Ive never
had a 4 speed Mopar, so I`ve never had the need for the service. I have been working on buying a BB 4 speed car, Should the need arise,I will attempt to rebuild it myself. Years ago, when i went thru Auto vo-tech, I rebuilt a couple non mopar manual transmissions. Seemed fairly straight forward to me.   

A34

Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

Big Lebowski

So at the Van Nuys Fall Fling, some yahoo wanted $3000 for an 18 spline, and Passion sells them for $1500. I guess only the rich idiots with stupid money fall for that one. This clown also had a nice 3.54 Dana for $3500, ya right, load another bong dude. :lolexplode:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

SuBLimE 69

Call this guy:  H.T. Peace (770) 432-4897 ask for H.T.

He lives near Austell off Hurt Road.  He is an older fella retired and rebuilds Trannys in his basement.  He builds ALOT of trannys for most of the race cars in the area.  I was refered to him by a good fireind.  I took him my 727 and he was done with it in a couple of days.  Very fair price and I have no complaints....mine is bullet proof.   :icon_smile_approve:

Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner...... :icon_smile_blackeye:

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !