News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Should I sell out??

Started by tin_soldier, October 19, 2006, 10:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tin_soldier

Well I held out.  I am keeping her  :icon_smile_approve:

69charger2002

well that's good. now pay your debt off instead of spending thousands in interest for no reason.  :yesnod:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

myk

Quote from: itchyballs on October 19, 2006, 03:36:55 PM
just my opinion but chargers are just play toys....

Play toys, huh?  Without the Chargers some of us wouldn't have a car, as we drive them daily and depend on them to get us through our lives-that's what I do, and this thing takes me to work and wherever else I need to go.  Look.  Living means being in debt, unless you're so rich you've got money falling out of your pockets. Got a house?  You've got debt.  A new car?  You've got debt.  Medical insurance?  You've got debt.   As long as your debt remains constant and doesn't balloon because of the Charger or any other foolishness you may be in to, you're fine.  Everyone has to have a hobby or interest to take away from the drudgery of life.  It isn't for your dad or anyone else to tell you how to do that...

itchyballs

first off i wasnt saying anything bad about having a charger as a hobby just that priorities should come first period! and i think you would be kind of hard pressed to find a person that uses these cars as daily drivers( i am sure they exist though). i think i would be looking for something a little less valuable as a daily transport car ::) ::) ::) ::)

69charger2002

yeah i mean come on MYK, aren't you stretching the extremes of standards with your examples? sure there is the occasional person who uses a charger as a daily. there is debt when you buy a house yada yada yada. besides the obvious fact that our statements can never be 100% politically correct anymore, at least not in a discussion board, we'll stick to 99% of the time for our examples. but to rephrase for our 1% viewers who have to refute a point, here goes:
1. chargers are TOYS, except for the few who daily drive them.
2. houses and new cars cause debt, yes. but in this case it sounded like his debt was from other sources(credit card, whatever..) just speculation but i don't THINK he was referring to house or new car debt. living means being in debt, how clever. i think that's obvious. but you don't have to be rich to get everything paid off in a timely manner. i am 29 and my house has 5 years left on it, my new truck 4. there is no reason to have to be 65 with "living" debt just because of "normal living"...that's where financial planning comes in. which is another topic for another day. the point was, in THIS CASE, he obviously has EXTRA debt on top of normal everyday living expenses. and ONLY in my opinion- that extra debt should be taken care of before trying to purchase, keep or maintain a TOY.. that's all i am getting at. i am all about a person having a hobby to break the monotony of every day life. but only if it can be safely afforded. by the way is the camaro and rustang just "toys" and the charger the daily???(ps judging by your location of san diego, one of the most expensive places in america to live, i can see why you consider debt a way of living)
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bull

What fun! How often do you have the chance to royally annoy dad?

Carrnutt

WOW  do we really need to debate we are all just stating opinions, as that is what the kid asked for. I mean we all have them, they are wrong most of the time anyway  ;) LOL Diferent strokes for different folks, besides MODERATION is the key to all of life's areas, fun, work, debt, etc...  Lets not turn this into one of those topics  ::) hehehe  JUST MY OPINION
1969 Rest-O-Fied Charger 383HP, Disc brake conversion, electronic ignition.
1993 D350 Curmmins
2006 Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Ram 3500 Cummins

itchyballs

tin_soldier

Well there are some intresting comments.  I think 69charger2002 was on the $$ on how I was feeling.  That is pay off the debt.  But My reason for keping her is that again it is not costing me a cent to have it.  the only cost is what I incurr.  So If I manage my $$ right there should be no reason why I cann't contiue to putts with it as i take care of my debt.  Which he is correct CC.  I know it was stupid but some how it just snow balled on me.  I already cancelled them all and only have 1 witha small limit.  I enrolled in a Debt Managemt Program which has saved me @ 150/moth in itrest charges.  So i feel I am taking control back.  I was just trying to reason to help pay it off faster by selling the Dodge or just due my time and send some extra $ when I have it.

Thx for the support

charge-it

A simple answer to your question, no.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com