News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

reclining seat

Started by r4daytona, May 06, 2011, 03:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

I'm sure someone here can answer this.  How can I tell if my daytona had a reclining drivers seat? I ask because I bought a set of 69 seats, of course to be re-done, but have found another set of 69 seats, but with a reclining lever on the drivers side. My car has a white interior so any seats I get will need to be re-done, but is there some code on the vin tag that would tell me if my drivers side is suppose to recline? Did daytonas come with reclining seats or was this an option for some other 69 b-body?
Thanks  Tom

Dave Kanofsky

Are you sure it is reclining, or is it a rectangular handle for a 6 way manual adjustable?

I'm not aware of any reclining seats in a '69 B-body - but don't take my word as gospel on that.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hemigeno

The only way to tell if your car had a 6-way seat as original equipment is if you have your original Broadcast Sheet or Window Sticker.  In either instance, Sales Code C62 will be referenced.

I don't think any of the equipment groups included the 6-way seat, and I know they did not come standard on any Charger, Charger R/T, C500 or Daytona.  It was an extra cost option all the way AFAIK.

Lots of folks like to add one though, even if it wasn't coded for their car originally.  I have one in my R/T.

Aero426

Does the 6-way seat back actually recline by itself?   I've never had one.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T