News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New CD install Q's

Started by i c e b l u e, October 23, 2006, 02:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i c e b l u e

I just got an Alpine cd player and speakers for my 2nd gen and I was wondering where are the best places to branch off of for all of the wiring harness. The unit needs an all time hot, an ignition hot, gound, and a swithed hot to dim the unit when the headlights are turned on. The unit will be mounted under the dash in a box that I found at tweeter.  I have 2 4" two-ways for the front, and 2 (5x7") two-ways for the rear.  I was wondering if anyone that has installed a modern cd player could help me out. I was thinking that the ground can go anywhere. The hot can go to the back of the alt gauge, the fuse block, or existing radio lead. The ignition could go to the fuse block. but what about the light switch. Or does the original am radio have these feeds that i could tap into?

thanks in advance,  Marcus

Plumcrazy

There was an ignition feed in the original radio connector but there was no constant hot feed.
You probably could tap the into the headlight or parking light wire to dim the unit when the lights are on.

Also, the dash speakers are 3.5 inch units.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Chargerdude70

If you look under your dash. You will probably find an orange wire that has a round female end on it not being used. There is one IIRC that has three plugins. Also for a constant hot wire, you can use your cigarette lighter lead.