News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger R/T 440 4-speed - it just keeps getting better!! - more pics

Started by OldGuy, October 09, 2006, 02:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGuy

Had a chance to look over things a little closer today.  It just keeps getting better.  The chrome, aside from the bumpers is perfect.  Only one little ding in the chrome strip at the top of the driver's door.  No scratches or pitting anywhere.  The bumpers aren't that bad either.  Gas cap looking good – locks down and no scratches.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

OldGuy

Small ding in chrome strip - otherwise great chrome throughout.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

OldGuy

Laid out the engine parts found in the rear seat area and trunk.  Original heads with valves, intake manifold, carburetor, timing chain and gears, push rods, water pump and housing, fuel pump, valve covers, two (2) cam shafts?, rocker arms, distributor, hood hinges, etc.  The Coke bottle and sheep shears were a bonus :icon_smile_big:

OldGuy

Dana 60 rearend.  Need to power spray and see what is under the crud.     Notice the condition of the gas tank.  Something is sloshing around in the tank.  We need to drop it and check for rust and water.

OldGuy

We found the ignition key on the floor of the driver's side :o

OldGuy

No rot around the rear window and sail panels.  Will post more good stuff after we power spray and get it cleaned up :icon_smile_tongue:

Blown70

Just 6T9 CHGR

I time capsule.......that car was outdoors in the elements?  Unbelievable....they ALL rust on the rear window especially a vinyl top car ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

694spdRT

That car is in great shape for how it was kept. Very glad another 440 4 speed will be brought back. :2thumbs:

If that car was outside in Wisconsin for that amount of time the stainless trim would be the only thing left.  :-\
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Brock Samson

Now yur not gonna be trying to appropreate that car for yurself are ya'?...    :icon_smile_wink:

i would..

Silver68RT

Great pictures!  What a great source of reference material for my project, thanks so much for sharing!  Thanks for posting the tag in the other thread, too.  I actually got mine running about a week ago, and it moved under it's own power for the first time since about 1993.  That was a pretty cool experience, hearing that 440 roar back to life, and I'm sure you can't wait to hear that one thunder.  With the open headers, my neighbors may have a different opinion, but it was music to my ears.  I'm looking forward to watching as you guys restore this Charger, so keep the pictures coming.

Doug
Silver68RT

rt green

the guy you bought the car from must have been an idiot for selling the car! congrats. i guess most people are not like us charger freaks. .............sucks on their part, they dont know what they are missing.
third string oil changer

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

dpm68

OldGuy

Coke bottle and sheep shears :-\ - I'll have to check with "Antiques Roadshow" - they could be valuable. :icon_smile_big: