News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody have a source for and experiance with electric Exhaust Cutouts?

Started by 2Gunz, October 20, 2006, 10:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Gunz

Pretty much what the title says.

Looking for some info on electric exhaust cutouts.

Thanks

Chryco Psycho

Got to Cuda-Challenger.com
Redline & Rev-it-up have a good electric system on their chall ,it is well made & works well

69bananabeast

have electric cut outs on my 440  .  all i can remember was that the company had three letters in name. will try to look it up.  mine work great use them a bit .  One thing to remember is that if you run open headers you will need copper header gaskets.   I ran my car at the track this past june for the first time with my cutouts and  I blew  a header gasket at about 5400 RPM.  So when I changing out the header gasket I come to find out that the shop I had my car in Only put in one copper header gasket and left the other with the cheap cork (causing it to blow).
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Mike DC

I've thought about using some of the electric cutouts, but not for an "open headers" setting. 

I would try running a set of really-quiet reasonators beside the gas tank along with some flowmasters in the normal muffler location.  I'd use the electric cutouts to switch between "flowmaster-muffled" and "better-muffled for longer road trips."

Big Sugar

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

68MoparCharger

Quote from: 69bananabeast on October 22, 2006, 08:55:12 PM
have electric cut outs on my 440 . all i can remember was that the company had three letters in name. will try to look it up. mine work great use them a bit . One thing to remember is that if you run open headers you will need copper header gaskets. I ran my car at the track this past june for the first time with my cutouts and I blew a header gasket at about 5400 RPM. So when I changing out the header gasket I come to find out that the shop I had my car in Only put in one copper header gasket and left the other with the cheap cork (causing it to blow).

I'm pretty sure the company you got it from was DMH Performance. Their cut out looks pretty nice i'm probably gonna order some here in a week or so. Please get back to me on that because if they're the company you got yours from, i'm gonna get them from there. They look nice, easy to install, and (if they're the company you got them from) they have good recommendations.  :icon_smile_approve:
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire!" - Metallica

daytonalo

Make sure you have oxygen masks , I'm sure that some fumes will be trapped under car !

69bananabeast

haven't had time to look and find out been busy lately with painting my trade-in car and buying my new car. Although DMH does sound Familiar.  Well i just looked it up while posting so yes they would be DMH .
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Rolling_Thunder

DMH has the cut outs as well as  QTP   (Quick Time Performance)
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

1970440RT

I have the DMH cutouts on mine and except for the occasional problem with them getting stuck closed, they work great.  A few cycles with the switch usually gets them to open up.

Lord Warlock

Theres a guy that builds them for 3 inch exhausts, called the McCord Power plate.  I'd have to search the other car site to get a link for it. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.