News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Body off resto 3rd Gen

Started by bigeric73SE, September 24, 2006, 10:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigeric73SE

??? anybody done this with, say a 73 charger???  Well this is not now, but someday either gonna pull the body off the chassis (unless it's not all it's cracked up to be)  I want my undercariage to look as good as anything else does.  So was either gonna powdercoat it or just do some undercoating...and it seems it will be much easier to slap that 440 in when it comes time to do so.  Because i also have to change the rear-end out.

RD

cannot do a body off... your car is a unibody, have to be rotisserie.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

chgr500

Unibody construction makes it so the body cannot be removed from any type of frame.  You can remove all suspension parts and K frame,  but will need a rotisserie style restoration to do the underside the easiest.  Good luck with your project.

bigeric73SE

Duh...haha thanks guys...well i think my deal will be done with a floor jack and some jackstands.