News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My old Power Wagon lives!

Started by CaptMarvel, January 18, 2007, 02:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptMarvel

Well, after letting it sit for several years, I finally tagged, insured and drove home my old 64 Power Wagon last Saturday. It was parked at my folks house about 30 miles away. I had a smile on the whole way. I forgot how much of a arm breaking kick it is to drive and it corners on a dime (think 1800's horse drawn lumber wagon) Still, I love that old beast and now I'm going to have some fun with it again. Its got the original 318 poly, NP435 4 spd, & NP208 xfer case. I sold it once and it came back to me by accident, I'm going to try to never let it get away again. Yea, its ugly, but its a big old Tonka toy...I'll try to post a pic (kind of a computer doofus, here goes)....

Mean 318

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thum :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:bs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thum :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:bs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thum :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:bs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Way COOL! Love to see more pics!

Bandit72

i love the old sweptline style dodge's, i own 4 myself, not including my parts rigs :P   i suppose your already a member at sweptline.org? if not you should join up, great bunch of people!!!
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Manfred318

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Brock Samson

Joshua

Cool truck.....always liked old Dodge trucks...real WORKHORSES.
A 208 transfer case eh? Are you sure? Those are aluminum and were introduced in the late 70's.....should be a 205.

PocketThunder

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Oh hell ya. . i would be proud to drive that around..
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

CaptMarvel

Quote from: Joshua on January 18, 2007, 11:15:46 AM
Cool truck.....always liked old Dodge trucks...real WORKHORSES.
A 208 transfer case eh? Are you sure? Those are aluminum and were introduced in the late 70's.....should be a 205.

Yea, I know its wrong. Someone got to it in the late 80's and put in the 208. This is the way I bought it. Does anyone know where I can find new shifter boots and floor rings for the 435 stick and also the 208 shifter for inside the cab?