News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

can someone here tell me a good transport company?

Started by 73TXRallye440, September 27, 2008, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73TXRallye440

well it appears I bought a 73 rallye 440 charger. (crosses fingers till it gets here) can someone recommend a reliable auto shipper?

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

yeahitsgotahemi!

I've used transport companies a couple times for my classic vehicles. One of the issues with some of the larger transport companies is that they subcontract out the shipping to truck drivers. This means that it may be hit or miss on the quality of the shipper depending on the driver they sub the job out too. I guess my recommendation is, if you can find an  independent trucker, you won't have to pay the third party fee, and (ideally) you'll know the quality of the driver. Unfortunately, I wasn't very happy with the last driver that transported my charger, so I won't recommend him, but it may not be any help if I did, as he only operates on the west coast.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

1969chargerrtse

I used DAS from ebay.  They tore my frame in 5 places, so I guess I would say DON"T USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!   :rofl:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

68charger383

check out Fed Ex.

No joke, they transport cars.  http://www.fedex.com/us/services/customcritical/passport/index.html

FedEx Custom Critical Passport Auto Transport provides fully enclosed transport for valued vehicles from classic cars, collectible and antique cars to hot rods, street rods and muscle cars. Customers receive the ultimate in protection and security for their vehicles from the industry originator. Passport Auto Transport provides:

Custom-designed, fully enclosed trailers for maximum protection during transit
Door-to-door service throughout the contiguous United States
The experience to move just about anything on wheels, from vintage cars to the instant classics of today.
Please visit passport.fedex.com or call 1.800.325.4267 for more information.

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

resq302

Quote from: 68charger383 on September 28, 2008, 01:59:16 PM
check out Fed Ex.

No joke, they transport cars.  http://www.fedex.com/us/services/customcritical/passport/index.html

FedEx Custom Critical Passport Auto Transport provides fully enclosed transport for valued vehicles from classic cars, collectible and antique cars to hot rods, street rods and muscle cars. Customers receive the ultimate in protection and security for their vehicles from the industry originator. Passport Auto Transport provides:

Custom-designed, fully enclosed trailers for maximum protection during transit
Door-to-door service throughout the contiguous United States
The experience to move just about anything on wheels, from vintage cars to the instant classics of today.
Please visit passport.fedex.com or call 1.800.325.4267 for more information.

We have used Fed Ex  / Passport transport now twice and the drivers not only take care of the car in complete detail but also make sure that the cars are taken care of as if it is on the bottom part of the enclosed trailer, they have a sheet of plastic on the floor of the car above yours to prevent any lubricants or liquid from dripping onto your car.  If we get another car again, we are certainly using passport transport!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

472 R/T SE

Another vote for Passport/Fed EX.  If you can afford them they're the best in the business.  $2400 from Kentucky to Vancouver, Wa. and I got a up top ride.

73TXRallye440

thank you, I went with Fedex. They are picking it up October 6th. :cheers:

resq302

Good luck and take pics.  You will probably never see that car on a trailer like that again with all of the other cars that might be on it.  For the cars that we have gotten this way, it is a nice beginning page for your documentation book if you do such a thing.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto