News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Professional products' intake reviews

Started by busteed, September 13, 2006, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busteed

Came across an add for Professional Products Power + plus crosswind intake manifold.  Anyone ever used one?  Are these any good?  It looks like a knock off, of a edelbrock air gap.  I suppose you get what you pay for, or lack of?  Any suggestons, let me know.

myk

They could have at least come up with a better name for their product.  Professional Products Plus Crosswind Intake?  Yikes.  I'll stick with Weiand or Holley, although if the Professional Products Plus Crosswind Intake Dual Plane Manifold puts out, then I'm game...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

694spdRT

They are a cheaper alternative when you have a Magnum headed engine but I can't tell you about quality. They are an Eddy air gap knock off.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

defiance

I've had a couple of professional products parts ... a distributor and a harmonic balancer ... and I'm considering a set of roller rocker arms (the roller rockers and harmonic balancers that 440source sells are professional products)... they all seem to be knock-offs of some other brand, but honestly so far they seem to work great.  The distributor I had I ended up taking out when I was working on ignition trouble, but it turned out the problem wasn't the distributor.  I put it back in and tested it later, it's actually still working fine, but I can't bring myself to take off the MSD distributor now, so it sits in a box...  But like I said, through no fault of its own; it worked fine.

Having said that, I know nothing about their intakes.  What I think is probably the best speed shop in my local area just picked up LS-1 intakes from them and started talking about how surprisingly good they are for the price.  They're selling them of course, so there's some level of caution suggested in taking their word for it, but I've yet to see them push a crappy product myself, so to me that says a lot...

Sounds like they might be a 'really good knockoff' company :P

RD

my machine shop sells these products for those who want a cheaper alternative.  they have no issues with their products at all.  neither do i, i have a prof. products balancer on my 440 right now.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander