News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

open headers or mufflers

Started by THMPN73, September 25, 2006, 07:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THMPN73

will running my headers open on my 360 help my et or would it be better to have the exhaust bolted up?
Don't worry, I've got good tires...

Chryco Psycho

generally open headers will help , idealy you wnt to use an extension on the header though around 18" long to maximise performance

deputycrawford

Many bracket racing classes say you have to run through mufflers. Some tracks are in close proximity to other commercial locations and have complaints of noise. They will also mandate mufflers. Check with your local track first. Then Hammer Down Driver.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

daytonalo

Just make sure carb has the correct jetting , open tubes = go up in jet size

69bananabeast

I've got electric cut-outs on mine so when I run open headers I would have to tune the carb to run better?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Ghoste

That or find and accept a compromise jetting.