News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power upgrade

Started by Rocking Ghost, August 23, 2006, 05:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I think you are misunderstanding my post.  I wasn't disagreeeing with yours.  In fact, I was trying to say the same thing.

myk

Quote from: Ghoste on September 04, 2006, 01:57:22 AM
Holley Street Dominator.

Hmmm...Were you able to use your stock brackets, linkages and whatnot with that intake?  I'm just worried that if I rip off my non-Performer that I won't be able to install the new intake properly...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

I'll guess and say no.  I already had a Lokar kickdown and throttle cable setup from before because I use a one inch spacer as well and I had it on previous intakes.

Sledge57

Well I like my 470, BUT I wouldn't want it as my daily driver. With a littles less cam maybe. Of course I wouldn't want a 440 as a daily driver anymore either.

BTW I can get 10 mpg outta the 470, with my 3.91's just gotta watch the right foot, and I love my Performer RPM intake. Much better than the Non RPM Performer I had on my old 383.

With a smaller hydraulic cam, 3.23's & less carb I'd pick the 470.

Then when the "Need For Speed" hits you  (in about 6 months)..............................
Doug
POS Pedal Car
Best to Date: 11.93 @ 113.41

POS Pedal Car Vid

deputycrawford

Hey Ghoste. No problem what so ever. I understood it as you saying that you really couldn't use the same intake, carb, cam, distributer etc. because the meaner engine would require much more out of its attachments then a stock 383. That why I mentioned the brackets. That the only thing you would really want to use again. A 470 would not want to breath through a straw... ^-^
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.