News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

vacuum hose's for headlights?

Started by rare69, December 26, 2005, 12:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rare69

is there anybody making reproduction vacuum hose kits for 68-69 charger headlight doors. would love to find one.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

rare69

i got what thay had, thay only have the hose's that go from headlight, and i am looking for the hose's that go from dash to vacuum can.

Silver R/T

might have to make some custom ones, you should be able to find some rubber tubing at most hardware stores
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

rare69

yeh thats what i thought, I'm going to the parts store tomorrow to look. i cant believe nobody reproduces those hoses, how many 35 year old rubber hoses are in great Sharp and not hard and brittle. well thanks for the help.

8WHEELER

Is this the front end wiring harness you bought? I got this from YO, Its a sweet harness.
I still have some good hoses for my projects that are in good shape. I like to keep the
stock stile original looking ribbed hose, but sometime we don't have that option.  ::)

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Afflyer

I got very lucky and found my lines on E-bay.  Great condition with no cracks.
:icon_smile:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

rare69

yeah that the front harness i got from year one. it is a really nice piece, in fact all the harness's that i got from year one are really nice, its a shame they didn't do thesame with the rest of the hoses.

runningman

Somebody had some reproductions of the original style ribbed hoses, may have been Harden's.  I will check

69fuchs

Mega parts handles them.   I think that they are complete-all the way to the headlight switch.   www.megapartsusa.com   or 608 452 2045   Ask for Jamie.

rare69

i checked there web site and thay don't list them but i sent them an email asking about them? so will see. thanks for the help. much appreciated

megaparts

Correct hose kits are not currnetly available. They are in the works, but I do not know when they will be available. The manufacturer said 4-6 weeks about 12 weeks ago, but is currently in the process of moving so it could be a few monthes. They will be ribbed and have the correct colored stripes on them.

JimShine

I have headlight hoses and washer hoses. Besides the stripe, what is the difference? They look exactlly the same to me. If the washer hoses are that close, you can grab them out of all sorts of 70's vehicles. The mid-70's wagons look to have the longest pieces.

megaparts

The Big Brown Truck dropped off a few boxes of correct Hose kits for the Charger headlights today. We have pictures on our website
www.megapartsusa.com

rare69

just sent you a email to order the headlight hoses. hope they are nice. :yesnod:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

gtx6970

Sounds like  more than one will have them at the Nats  :boogie:

OttawaCharger

Megaparts -> that's pretty cool that you came on here to inform us.   :2thumbs:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!