News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Torsion Bar 73to72 Tbar

Started by my73charger, July 23, 2006, 08:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

my73charger

73Dodge mentioned below that he was able to move the mount on his 73 to accommodate the shorter 72 torsion bars.  I would like to do this,does anyone have any tips or pictures?  Also, what are the exact lengths of the two sets?

purple70rt

I have some used 74 bars if you need some, moving the mount sounds like a pain, are the shorter ones better?

my73charger

Do you know if they came out of a big block car? I know for sure that the passenger side bar I have is getting weak.  I have it cranked up about 4 turns more than the drivers side to keep the car level and aligned.  The big deal for me in the difference is you can buy brand new bars for through 72 for about $149/set.  Bars for a 73-74 are $400/set, plus I have heard that the shorter bars are a little sturdier.

doctorpimp

'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

purple70rt

they were from a 318 Charger.

doctorpimp

According to Nacho and his parts books...
All 73+ B V8 bodies used the same torsion bars.  Small and Big block...
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Nacho-RT74

:iagree:

difference on suspension is just front sway bar.... is what Mopar parts book says.

There is another different PN but just because you could get apparently just the T bar, or a T bar parts Kit ( including bars )... maybe with bolts, retainre and boot dust.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html