News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Plastic piece under dash of '68

Started by histoy, June 20, 2006, 08:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

histoy

The restoration of our '68 is almost finished, but today I was told that our car is missing a plastic piece that fits under the dash on the passenger's side.   I guess that it covers part of the AC and heater assembly and can easily be broken when people get in and out of the car.  Does anyone have a picture of what this plastic piece looks like, when it is properly installed under the dash?  Secondly, would anyone know where I can buy a good one?  Thanks in advance for any help you can give me....Brian

Paul 500

This is what your after,they come up now & then on E-bay.
The part number on it is 2837638
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

4402tuff4u

I found that same piece in one of the boxes that came in with my 68 Charger and was wondering what it was. Now I know! Thanks.  :thumbs:
Mine is an A/C car.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

histoy

Neal_J

My 69 A/C car has the same.  I thought it was made of fiberglass.

Neal

dodgecharger-fan

I thought so too. My 69 is an A/C car. I have that piece but it's a bit beat up.

histoy

You guys are probably right about the part being fiberglass.   Mine was broken and I was told that it was plastic and needs to be replaced.   If anyone has one for sale that fits an A/C car, please contact me...Brian

histoy

We got the piece over the weekend, so the restoration project should be completed this month....Brian